Chapter twenty four: Alexander

WARNING;
trauma, child abuse, panic attacks.

I wake up to an empty bed, it shouldn't surprise me, but it still does

I should've known she would flee first thing in the morning, she may never even talk to me after this, even though I did nothing.

My head throbs as I think about what happened last night, I only remember the feeling of Lilith's lips -on my face, on my nose, under my eye- the rest is a blur. I lift my hand and scratch the back of my head, taking my head off the pillow only for it to be met by the burning sun.

I groan and position my hand on my eyes, couldn't she have closed the curtains before she left? Where the fuck did she even go?

Rubbing my eyes and sitting on the bed, I try to puzzle over what happened last night. Lilith indirectly told me I'm a monster then kissed my face, which doesn't make any sense. Then, Noah applied something on my chest scar and...

I can't remember, I conclude as I rub my temples. Trying to remember is making my head hurt more.

Don't you just love waking up with the biggest headache ever?

As I stand up, I grab the wall in front of me for balance and close my eyes till the dizziness goes away. Then I loosen my grip on the wall and walk over to the bathroom.

I look like shit, as expected. I'm still sleepy, my eyes are bloodshot with black circles under them. Wishing to curl up in bed and sleep all day, I ignore these thoughts and splash water on my face.

The water feels cold on my skin, making me get out of my sleepy state and making me remember more of what happened last night.

"Fuck, you're too hot."

"I meant you're burning up,"

"You don't know anything about being sick, do you?"

"You fell?!"

I vaguely remember Lilith saying these words. I close my eyes, and dry my wet face with a towel as I brush my teeth with one of the dispensable toothbrushes and get out of the bathroom.

Upon reaching the bed, I freeze.

"Why?"

"It's because you're a weak, unlovable creature."

The memories of last night's flashbacks return to me, I remember the agony that ruled me that night, the fear that Lilith may witness one of my panic attacks and the terror I lived through having to relive the old memories of my childhood.

I sink on the ground and pull my knees up to my chest, resting the top of my head on them, as I remember my flashbacks last night, it feels like I'm reliving them all over again.