Chapter twenty three; no perspective

WARNING;
trauma, child abuse.
//

Leaning against the door with a half-naked Alex is not how Lilith expected her night to start.

After helping Alex walk to their cabin-a beautifully decorated place, with a white bed, two wooden bedside tables and a small purple couch that matches the fairy lights hung on the doorway and a bathroom- Lilith didn't know how to help Alex with his sickness.

She thought this would be easy work since she used to tend to her sister's wounds and sicknesses easily with medication and some soup, but there is no soup nor medicine available now.

Alex couldn't wait until they reached the cabin so he could lay in a bed, his back still hurt from sleeping on the couch the other night. He most likely will have to sleep another night on the couch if he wants to share a room with Lilith.

And he would like that more than anything, even if it meant another night on the uncomfortable couch, but not today, he doesn't know if he can survive sleeping on the couch.

Alex knew this would only lead to heartbreak at the end, his heartbreak. He knew she will never love him, or even like him.

He knew all of this is bound to bring him more pain than just accepting the fact that he won't ever have a mate, just like his parents once told him.

"No mate will ever willingly agree to be with you," his mother once sneered at him as he was tending to his severely bruised knee that he got when his older brother kicked him out in the dirt because of some blood that spilled from his arm onto his brother's favorite T-shirt. Why he got that cut on the arm is a different story.

Ten-year-old Alex knew that his mother was definitely wrong, he believed that his mate would be the strongest, most beautiful creature alive, he knew that she would love him senseless, that she wouldn't care if he was weak or that he wasn't an Alpha. He never talked back to his parents, he knew that would only earn him a slap but when his mate was involved he had to say something.

"You're wrong," he told his mother as he sat on the kitchen stool, the Neosporin making his wound burn causing him to hiss after finishing his sentence. "She will understand me, she is going to be sweet and loving," he told his mother in Russian. 'Unlike you,' he'd wanted to add.

His mother laughed, her blond hair escalating down her back, her forehead becoming even more wrinkly. She clutched Alex's chin harshly, making him turn away from applying the Neosporin on his wound to focusing his attention solely on her. "It's funny how you think someone will ever love you," she laughed out in Russian, her claws descending and digging into Alex's chin making him try to turn his head away only for the claws to dig into his skin more.

His mother takes her hands off Alex's face and plunges them right into his wounded knee, making him scream and fall off the kitchen stool. He always wondered why his wounds didn't heal normally and it wasn't only after he became Alpha did he find out it was because they used to add doses of Wolfsbane in his food to weaken him.

Alex shakes off his head as Lilith lays him down on the white bed mattress, he doesn't want to have a panic attack in front of her. She had already seen his weak side way too many times. He used to have panic attacks when he first became Alpha when the memories of his family were fresh on his mind, and they slowly stopped occurring as much now.

But when he met Lilith, it's like all the memories of his mother lecturing him came back. "Why?" he asked his mother once when he laid in the damp street, bruised and hurt. His mother ignored him and started walking away until he asked again. "Why?"

She stopped walking and turned around, staring at his sliced hand and walking over to his direction, "You want to know why?" she asked lifting her foot and stepping on Alex's hand making his screams echo through the rogue camps.