Chapter sixteen; Aiko

Hesitantly, I take a seat in front of Eugene

He quickly starts to tap on that weird glowy stone of his that just showed us the whole map of QandaLand.

A very detailed map of the Vampire covens appears on the screen after a couple of minutes.

"If we want to track Caleb we must know which coven he is staying at."

The screen zooms on the Vampire island, showing us three covens. The Blood Coven, The Stone Coven, The Icy Coven.

"You don't know which coven he's staying at?" I ask

"You don't know which coven he's staying at?" I ask. "I thought you already knew that."

"Well, I don't," he admits

"How did you know he's alive then?" I still can't wrap my mind around how Caleb was still alive, and I still don't fully trust Eugene.

"He was bitten, Aiko. I saw it with my own eyes." he places his hands on the table. "What should I do to get you to trust me?"

"Get me to Caleb." I fold my hands.

"That's what I'm doing." he sighs.

"How are you going to know which Coven he's in?" I glare.

"He can't possibly be in the Blood Coven, they won't keep him alive there. Nor could he be in the Icy Coven, it's way too hard to live there." he points out.

"That's where you're wrong." I point a finger at him. "If Caleb doesn't want to be found he would be in the covens you'd least expect him to be."

He smiles, his white teeth showing. "He isn't as smart as you are," he says. "Besides, Caleb doesn't know that we are looking for him, he thinks his plan of faking his death worked but unfortunately it didn't." Eugene starts touching the screen again. "And the supernatural land is dangerous for humans. Imagine a human in a Vampire coven."

"I can kill any Vampire on that island." I glare.

"I know you can but Caleb doesn't know that." he points out. "You weren't a huntress at that time, were you?"

"I wasn't," I answer. "Why can't you just call a Coven leader and ask him about Caleb?"

"Do you want me to die?" he asks, furrowing his eyebrows.