(Seven)

"So, how does it feel? Seeing ghosts?"

Minho asked while looking at the sky, holding his hand up in the air to block the sun off his eyes. He was resting his back to the wooden tiles of Rona's roof. Rona was beside him, closing her eyes. Their shoulders were nearly touching.

Before she could ever notice, Minho became her friend, her close person. He never stopped annoying her and since he now knows her house, he would break in every now and then. So they decided to make the roof their secret place where they can meet at the end of a long day or at the beginning. Whatever.

"I don't know. I was scared the first time I saw two of the same person, one dead and one alive but I got used to that later." She said.

"Do they bother you?"

"No, it's like they too are busy with their own lives, unless they don't have lives! I don't know what to call it."

"Who knows about the fact that you can see them?"

"No one. It's only you."

"So we are sharing secrets now. Huh?" Minho sat upright looking at Rona closely with a smug grin.

"Whatever, Lee Minho." She rolled her eyes.

"I still can't get over how you thought I was dead." He teased for the millionth time.

"When will you stop? Anyone in my place would think the same! You had that thrilling creepy aura around you whenever you walk. You showed up at an empty bus stop in the middle of a rainy day where there was no single human being in the streets."

"That bus stop is always empty. And you were there too!"

"Because I'm already a creep. Moreover, when you showed me your scars, I thought that is how you died."

"That's mean!" He snapped. "I'm not dead. Not yet at least."

Rona's heart ached at how he stated that he's not dead yet which means he's expecting to be soon. Was he that sick? She sat upright and looked at him with soft eyes. "Is it that bad?" She asked.

"Yep, and it's getting worse. The last surgery was a failure too."

"Oh!" That was all she said.

Rona didn't know what to say. She never knew how to comfort others. This young boy was going through a lot but still managed to keep this bright personality. It felt like some drama to her, where the male lead who's about to die would show up in the female lead's life to fix it and then leave the universe after she falls for him. Rona smiled when she caught herself thinking in the same way that the boy next to her always thinks.

"Why do you believe me?" Rona asked.

"Because this world is already fucked up. The sky is crazy too. So, what's wrong with some ghosts? I even believe in zombies now." He shrugged.

"Zombies are scary."

"And ghosts are not?"

They both looked at each other and started laughing loudly like two drunks.

"You have a unique laughter." Minho stated as he watched her laughing cutely.

"Yeah," She stopped laughing and cleared her throat in embarrassment. "My family is kind of high pitched. It's hereditary."

"About your family, are-"

"Yes." She cut him. "Always busy leaving me alone."

"Sorry for that."

"It's okay. I'm used to it now. Mom and dad are always on meetings or business trips. Sister is a junior trainee at a law firm. I feel like she's being used. You know the kind of firms that let the juniors do all the tasks and then the seniors have the credit. My brother is... just like you!" She looked at him with a smirk. "A douche bag."