(Eight)

Don't ever believe in what handsome boys with perfect side profiles, pointed noses, and eyes that could hold the universe say.

Rona stopped counting the days since the last time she saw Minho which didn't end very well. The boy was in great pain and she couldn't even move to help him. He kept screaming for some time and then stormed out, leaving her frozen.

For days she waited for him on the rooftop and at the bus stop but with no sign of him. She thought of going to the hospital to ask for him but she brushed off the thought. She hates hospitals. They are full of ghosts. She didn't even know where exactly his house was. How could she never ask him for his phone number? Maybe because he never gave her the time to miss him.

What if he was really sick? What if he was going through another surgery? What if he just couldn't make it this time?

Rona sat at the bus stop, waiting for the bus that looked like it would never come. The bus stop was empty as usual but recently it felt emptier. She plugged her earphones and waited till the bus arrived to take her to the empty house.

***

"Ugh." Rona yelled at the top of her lungs as she dropped herself flat to the cushions placed on the floor of her rooftop. "Stupid, Lee Minho! Come back and see if I give a shit about your handsome face! Or better if you never come back. I'm finally enjoying my loneliness again without your stupid ass nagging and teasing around me." She paused for a few seconds before she resumes yelling at nothing. "Great! Silence. That's it. Again."

Rona covered her face with her arm and started tearing up.

Again, she was alone.

Again, unnoticed.

Again, unwanted.

She hated the sound of silence. She never enjoyed it, that's why she's always listening to her favorite song on full volume. That made her feel less lonely and more alive. Rona pulled her phone out of her pocket, plugged the earphone, and set the volume to full.

"I told you that you'll damage eardrums and you'll be hearing beeps again!"

Even if the song was at full volume, she could clearly hear his voice which seemed like a hallucination to her. It wasn't the first time that she hears his voice or feels his presence when he was not around.

"Wow, I'm being ignored now."

Rona moved her arm and opened her eyes slowly. The sun was attacking her face so, Rona lifted a hand to block the sun. Through her fingers, she could see the boy standing in front of her. Hands tucked in back pockets, wide smile, sparkling eyes. It has to be a long journey from heaven to Earth. That's why it took him a lot of time to show up again.

Rona opened her eyes widely, ignoring the sun that was burning them, and jumped to her feet. "You are really here?"

"Yeah, unfortunately, it's not my ghost yet." He joked.

Rona ran to where he was standing and without thinking twice, she wrapped her hands around Minho's neck, pulling him down to her height so his face would be at her level. "GOD!" She gasped. "I thought something bad happened to you. You scared the shit out of me that day then you disappeared! I didn't know where to look for you or how to call and I –I –" She panicked.

"It's okay," He cut her words calmly. "I'm here. And I'm okay now." Rona let go of his neck and placed her hands on his chest, then his cheeks, then to his shoulders, and turned him around, then again to his cheeks. She was checking him. "I'm okay, Rona. Nothing is wrong with me don't worry."