Chapter 13

Avery's P.O.V

I watch as I see a handsome man with a blue lifeguard shirt on. He has blond but has a tint of ginger in it, it seems. My eyes seem to follow him.

"Why he's rather dashing." I tell myself giving a smile as I sip the rest of my drink.

A five minutes go by and start to wonder where my best friend has gone. I call her phone but it only rings in her bag.

"Maybe she's gone to the tower to talk to Whip." I tell myself then I collect my things and hers then head up to the tower.

I go up the steps and see that she's laying on the medical bed.

"Oh my god now what happened to you." I ask walking over to her.

"I might've had an allergic reaction to the drink...I think maybe there was a peanut in it or something because that's the only thing I'm allergic too."

"Well how are you feeling now?" I ask

"Better. Got an Epipen to the thigh so that was fun."

"Damn. I'm glad I'm not allergic to anything." I laugh

She gives a chuckle, "Your lucky."

"I was planning on going for one last swim I can't get enough of that ocean." I chuckle.

"Well you can leave your stuff here cause I'll be a while."

"Okay, I'll go for a bit to let you relax in here then we can go back to your place."

"Okay sounds like a plan." She smiles.

I return it then head out, "Bye Whip." I say before jogging down the beach.

~

I dunk myself under the cool water trying to forget England and the past that comes with it.

I resurface and breathe a breath of fresh sea air.

I swim out a bit farther not wanting tons of people around me. I float around a bit, there's nothing to worry about because I'm like a fish, I can swim great.

I sigh sadly not wanting to go. I just want to stay here for the rest of my life.

A wave crashes on my face disturbing my floating. I resurface coughing from the water that went up my nose.

I sneeze from the tingle it gave me afterwards. "Stupid wa-ah." I sneeze again, "Bloody hell." I curse frowning.

I notice that I drifted outside the flags a bit. "Oops." I start to paddle back, but there was a surfer coming my way, "Oh shit." I swim farther away from the flags to avoid him. "Phew."

I feel my body start to get sucked out to sea. My eyes widen as I notice how far I am from the beach.

I hate sharks. I hate them, and if I get sucked out here I'm done for. I think to myself and I freak myself out at the thought of sharks, I start to panic.

"Ohmygod, ohmygod." I try to swim in but the current is too strong.

A memory of me and my bad dances through my head.

"If your ever stuck in a rip swim diagonal okay?"

"K" my kid self beams at my dad then I head into the water with my small surfboard. My 7 year old self dives under a wave.

I focus back onto my swimming trying to get out of the rip.

"Swim diagonal...diagonal.." I whisper to myself, I can hear my heart beat in my ears.