Chapter 7

I get my short Romper on and put on some all white Converse not being able to where high heel because of my ankle, but I much rather flats then high heels.

I touch up my makeup which I hardly wear lots of. Then I grab my keys to the apartment. "See ya later Ave."

"Yeah see ya." She tells me as she watches the tv

I open the door and quickly get to Bondi.

~

I get out of the car I head to the tower.

I spot Whippet waiting outside the tower, in black jeans and a causal button up long sleeve dress shirt with a watch on his wrist. The colour was navy blue. I hope he wasn't waiting long.. even though I'm a little early.

I walk up to him his back towards me.

I tap on his shoulder and he turns, "Hey Sophie—wow, you look amazing." He tells me, my cheeks warm and I look away.

He puts out his arm, "You ready?"

I giggle and blush again, "Yes." I take his arm.

~

We get to this fancy yet casual restaurant with a bar and sit down at a table for two.

In a few minutes of silence we order our food.

He clears her throat as we wait, "So Sophie. You form England? I only say that because of your accent."

"Uh yeah, I'm from London." I smile. He smiles back at me. "I'm staying for the summer." I notice his smile falters a bit but I brush it off not thinking much of it.

"Oh so you don't live here?"

"Well I want too but...I don't know.." I look down at my hands.

"You don't want to be so far from your family.."

"Y-Yeah...I mean I guess I can visit them on the holidays which I usually do." I sigh, "Any whoz. What about you? Anything interesting you want to tell me?"

"Well um. I love to surf, I do some boxing for fun and I run to keep fit but yeah, love being a Bondi lifeguard."

"I bet. Seems like lots of fun. Bet it feels good to get someone rescued and knowing you saved there lives." I smile resting my head on my hand.

"Yeah it just comes naturally really."

"When your a lifeguard it just becomes the norm."

"Pretty much." She chuckles

"I always wanted to surf. Tried a couple of times but it just didn't work."

"Well maybe I can be your mentor." He smiles.

"That would be great!" I smile

"So, um..tell me more about yourself everything and anything."

I laugh, "Okay. Um well. I love Sunsets, taking pictures. um..I love the water but kinda nervous about sharks, I don't really like heights but more so because I don't want to get hurt, but going on rides I don't mind. Love chilling on the beach," I sigh trying to think of more things, "I do like to ride bikes, go for some jogs, walks, and yeah..." I take a sip of my water nervously.

"Oh cool! I noticed you taking pictures on the beach and the camera you were holding when we first met."

"Yeah." I smile

~

After we finish our food casually talking about things that we have in common which was surprisingly a lot.

"You didn't have to pay for my food."

"No I did."

"Would you like to go to the bar? I'll pay since you paid for the food." I tell him as we stand up.

He smiles, "Why not. At least let me pay for some. Drinks in Australia are expensive, especially if your from England."

I chuckle, "You don't have too."

"I insist." He tells me leaning on the counter. He gives me a look to tell me to order.

"Could I have a shot of Vodka please." The bartender nods as I show him my ID

"Make that two."

"Ou Whippet is going to drink?" I joke, "What if you get drunk? What about work in the morning?"

"Who said I had to get there right away?" He tells me quirking an eyebrow, "I'm just kidding I'm only going to have one. You how ever can have as many as you want as you told me you're on your vacation."

"Okaaay." I smile, "Ready? On three; One, two, three." We both shoot it down, it burns as it makes it's way down. "Phew! I can't remember the last time I drank. Two more please for me. I'm payin," I tell him, "Hell just open a tab."

"Plan on getting drunk?" He asks rising his eyebrows.

"Nah I'm responsible." I smile

Music pumps through the speakers

~

Six shots later...

"And I had this puppy when I was younger. Guess what his name was....his name Mr. Fluffy." I snort and start laughing, "Mr.fluffy how stupid of a name is that?" I slur Ryan just laughs

My favourite song starts through the speakers Breaking Me by Topic & A7S.

I gasp, "Oh I love this song!"

I start dancing a little but it only to stumble to the side into the bar. I start laughing in histarics, "Uh, uh I can't breathe." I snort

"Want to go for a walk and get some air?" I ask her

"Oh that would be delightful." I slur, "Should probably stop drinking." I giggle as he takes my hand.

When we get outside I get his attention, "Psst. Hey, Whip,Ryan,Clark..Which ever one."

"Yes."

"Your hold my hand." I start giggling and he let's go. "No.no.no.." I grab his hand, "I never said I didn't like it." I giggle leaning into him. I breath in, "You smell good." I slur smiling up at him. He chuckles shaking his head. "Oh what time is it?" I ask my words mixed into each other but he seems to understand as he looks at his watch.

"Almost 10."

"10! How long were we together for?" I squeak

"Well about an hour and half with our dinner plus talking an hour. And then about an hour and more then a half of hanging out by the bar."

"Oh your so organized. Makes you even hooottterrr." I giggle, I step but it seems to want to go the other way running into Whippet. "Oops sorry." I snort with laughter he only snickers at my snort/laugh.