10

It was already Saturday and I sat in my car in front of Anya's house.

I drummed my fingers of the steering wheel and took a deep breath.

I looked at the back seat toward Brielle. "You ready baby girl?" I asked, knowing she wouldn't answer.

I sighed and got out of the car.

"Aaron!" Anya yelled as a tall man followed behind.

"Hey Anya." I said as I got Brielle out of the car.

The man raced in front of Anya towards me. "Hi, I'm Louis. Can I have your baby?" He asked.

Anya walked next to him and slapped his arm. "Stop it. He's not even in the house yet." She said.

I laughed. "No, you can have her. Just.... be careful?"

He nodded. "Yes, I know. I'll bring her into the house." He said and gently grabbed the carrier.

"I'm sorry about him. He really likes babies, and when I told him you were coming, I swear, he spent 3 and half hours baby proofing the house, even though she can't do much." She said and I laughed.

"Come in." She said and walked up her front path.

I followed and walked into the house. The interior was the epitome of house by the shore. They lived right on the lagoon that led to the bay.

She turned around and walked backwards into the kitchen. "I'm so happy you came by the way." She said and turned back around.

"So am I." I said.

I looked into the living room which was joint to the kitchen and saw Louis bouncing Brielle up and down and she was giggling.

I smiled and turned back towards Anya who was standing on the other side of the counter.

"He wants a kid so bad, but he hasn't found a guy who wants to settle down with him. He may seem energetic and a bit.... I don't know, but I know that he'd be a good dad, and that's one of the reasons why he wanted you to come. He just wanted to meet your baby." She said.

I chuckled. "It must be hard to like guys and try to find one who wants kids."

She nodded. "Most guys he meets just want something casual." She said and rolled her eyes.

"You talking about me?" Louis asked and walked into the kitchen holding Brielle.

"Maybe." She said and stuck her tongue out.

Louis handed me Brielle. "Take her. I have cooking to do."

••••

Anya and I sat on her front steps and were taking while Louis was inside with Brielle.

"It's nice to not have Brielle for a while." I said.

Anya snickered. "Wow, heartless."

I looked at her. "I didn't mean it that way. I just forgot what it feels like to live in... solitude for the last 2 and a half-ish weeks."

"But you wouldn't change anything right?" She asked.

I nodded. "I wouldn't change it for the world. I love her with my whole heart. It's been weird though." I said and fiddled with my fingers.

She rubbed my back. "I'm sure it has. I'm sure it's not easy being a dad. Especially at your age. You're young, most people your age never would've thought about having kids. You, Aaron, are doing the best thing for you." She said and cupped my cheek.

She turned my head so I was fully looking at her.

We both leaned forward and met halfway.

Her lips were soft and worked on mine meticulously. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pushed her body further into mine. I put my hands on her waist and pulled her closer.

She sighed on my mouth and pulled away. She pressed her forehead to mine and smiled.

"Anya..."

"Hm?" She murmured , and I felt her breath on my face.

"Go on a date with me." I said, but meant for it to come out as a question.

"I'd love to." She whispered and leaned back in to kiss me, but before our lips could touch, the door opened and Louis came out with the baby carrier. "Oh, am I interrupting something?" He asked.

She pulled away and stood up. I stood up as well. "No, nothing." She said and pushed a piece of hair out of her face.

"I should get going." I said, grabbing the carrier.

Anya nodded. "I'll see you soon." She said and wrapped her arm around my neck. I wrapped my free arm around her waist and squeezed her gently.

"Bye Louis." I said and walked to my car.

I got in and drove off. I called Natalie and connected my phone to the car.

"How did you dinner go?" She asked.

"She kissed me. And I kissed her back. And we're going on a date." I said slightly starting to panic.

"What?! Aaron, that's amazing." She said.

"Y-yea, it is." I said, and sighed.

"Why don't you sound happy about it?"

"I am. I mean, I like her, I really like her. But is this right? It's been 3 weeks. That's so soon. And Brielle..."

"Brielle needs a mother sooner or later. She's young, and she doesn't worry about both parents now, but soon enough, she's gonna be asking about her who mother is, whether she's adopted or not." Natalie said, a stern tone in her voice.

I sighed. "Yea, I know. You're right. Sorry Nat, I'm just a bit nervous. Why? I don't know but.."

"I get it Aaron. It's all new to you, in a way. You haven't dated in a while, and I think she's good for you. She matches your energy, you guys have so much in common. And she's good with Bri. You guys are perfect for each other." She said.

I smiled and I felt butterflies in my stomach and my heart fluttered. "Yeah, I guess she is. Thanks Natalie. I needed this." I said and pulled up in front of my house.

"Anytime Aaron. Also, can you come by the hotel tomorrow after work?"

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow. I love you."

••••
hello

holy crap, writers block hit me hard

anyways, hope you enjoyed :)