. santa baby

Anya's POV

Some of Aaron's extended family came in for the holidays. He had a whole bunch of cousins from ages 20-35. Throughout the bunch of adults, there were 10 kids, ranging from newborn to 15.

They all had rooms at the hotel and Natalie was hosting a big Christmas party there for all of us to get together.

Aaron was ecstatic. He hadn't seen most of these people since his mothers funeral, so he was bouncing off the walls all week. He had taken the week off, and because I'm a teacher, I get the week off.

Natalie wasn't as ecstatic because she thought some of her cousins were nutcases. I couldn't see anything wrong with them, but that's probably because they're on their best behavior for the time being.

It was a few days before Christmas, because everyone thought it would be less hectic to do it a few days before.

I was helping the girls get ready in their outfits. Bri was wearing a cute red dress, while Violet and Phoebe were wearing red sweaters and black pants.

I was already dressed in my emerald green dress (that Aaron particularly liked), and Aaron was in the bathroom fixing his hair.

"Okay, my pretty girls. You're all ready. Go show daddy how beautiful you look." I said, and they all ran out of the room.

I chuckled as I applied my lipstick and threw it in my purse, following the girls out of the door.

They were all hanging on Aaron as I heard his tell them they looked beautiful.

As I walked into the living room, Aaron looked up and smiled. "And you too, sweetheart. You look stunning." He said as I walked over. He kissed my temple and I walked into his open arm.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

I nodded and we went.

———

The hotel was a mad house. Kids were running around, people already seemed drunk, and I'm almost positive I heard someone yell that after the holidays, she's divorcing her husband.

Needless to say, I was overwhelmed. I never had a family big enough to have gatherings this big. As crazy as it seemed, it was kind of refreshing to see such a big family all together in one place.

Natalie was sat at the bar with a drink in one hand, and her other hand rubbing her forehead.

Aaron went over to his cousins with Brielle and Phoebe, and I walked over to Nat with Violet.

As I approached, I put my hand on her back. "Hey Nat. Hanging in there?" I asked gently, sitting next to her with Vi in my lap.

She laughed humorlessly. "Barely. And the nights just started."

She looked about ready to cry. "Nat is everything okay?" I questioned, seeing the glossiness in her eyes.

She shook her head but didn't say anything.

"Do you want me to get Mark?"

She shot her head up. "No. Definitely not."

"Is everything okay with you two?" I asked, adjusting Violet on my hip.

She shrugged. "I dunno. We had a fight before we came here. He hasn't looked at me since." She said quietly, sipping her drink.

After she said that, Aaron walked over and kissed Natalie's cheek, before noticing her face. "Hey Nat, what's wrong?" He asked.

I got up, deciding to let them talk with themselves. I squeezed Natalie's shoulder and kissed Aaron's cheek, before going over to one of Aaron's cousins, Josie.