. new job

I put Violet in her crib after kissing her face- I'm way too obsessed with my children. She was finally falling asleep; she never really fell asleep easily.

I breathed out a sigh of relief after I successfully put her down in her crib.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD!" I heard Anya yell outside.

I cursed. Violet rustled and started crying.

"Anya come on! She was finally asleep." I exclaimed, picking Vi back up to try and calm her down.

She came into Violets room with the widest smile on her face. "You will never guess what just happened."

"Is it worth waking up our very fussy baby?" I asked, bouncing Violet up and down, shushing her quietly.

"I got the job. The interview I went to last week? They called me back and said that they wanted me to work for them. I start in September!" She said jumping up and down.

I smiled widely back at her. "Anya that's fantastic, oh my god I'm so proud of you. That's definitely worth waking up our baby. Kind of." I said, opening an arm out for her.

She ran to me and hugged my side. I kissed her forehead, rubbing my hand up and down her arm.

"I'm finally gonna be a teacher. I'm so excited." She said, kissing the side of my neck.

Then she looked at Violet. "Hey Aaron, she's asleep." She whispered, gesturing to Violet.

I sighed in relief again. "Oh thank god." I said, gently placing her in the crib.

Anya and I carefully walked out of the room and closed the door gently.

We both breathed out and walked to Phoebe and Brielles shared room.

"Hey my girls." I said, both of them looking up from the toys they were playing with.

Brielle got up and walked over to me, arms up. I picked her up and swung her around, kissing her cheek.

Anya walked over to Phoebe and picked her up since she still didn't really know how to walk; she's been developing slowly for her age.

"Mommy's got a job girls." Anya said, sitting down on one of the beds.

"A job?" Brielle questioned, and I sat down next to Anya.

"Yea, a job baby girl. That means.. well, grandpas probably gonna have to watch you while daddy and I are at work." She said, her smile falling.

Phoebe grabbed a piece of her hair and tugged it, to which Anya gently pried it out of her grasp. She usually smiled or laughed when Phoebe did that, but right now she didn't.

"Anya, why don't we go in the living room and talk." I said, seeing the way her mood fell.

She nodded and put Phoebe down, who went back to her toys, as well as Brielle.

When we walked out of the room, Anya said, "I'm gonna have to leave my babies all day." She said, voice wavering.

"Anya, sweetheart, it isnt all day. It's for, what, six hours a day? And then you have the weekends and holidays to see them. It's not as long as you think it is." I said, putting my hands on her shoulders.

"Well yea but I've been home all the time with them since I had Phoebe. It's gonna be weird without them. I'm gonna miss them." She said, voice cracking.

I pulled her into my arms and kissed her forehead. "I know you will. I miss them everyday. But when I come home and see you and Brielle running to the door to greet me, that's the best part of my day.

"And listen. I have weekends off, just like you will, so we'll all be together for those two days. Anya, this is good for you. It may be hard but you'll get used to it, I promise. And plus, you start in September, it's still June. You have a few months with them still." I said, rubbing her arms.

She smiled at me. "I know, I'm sorry. This is good for me. I'm finally doing what I've always wanted to do."

I nodded. "Exactly. So don't worry about the kids okay. They'll be fine for a few hours. They love their 'gwanpa'" I said, making fun of the way our kids say 'grandpa.'

Anya laughed. "Thanks Aaron. You're the best." She said, sitting on the couch.

I sat down next to her, pulling her into my side.

"Yea I know."

.........

aw I love them so much

hope you enjoyed 🫶🏼