. sick day

*Aaron's pov*

I finally woke up from the most restless night of my life. My head was pounding already, and I couldn't breathe through my nose. As soon as I woke up, I let out the most horrendous sounding cough.

Anya stirred next to me after another monstrous cough and sat up. "You okay, hun?" She said sleepily.

I shook my head, sniffing. "No. I feel like shit." I said nasally.

Her mouth twisted and she put the back of her hand on my forehead, then put it on the back of my neck. "You feel really hot Aaron." She said, flinging the sheets off her legs.

The sheets came off of my legs too and I felt chills rise on my whole body. "I'm freezing." I say, bringing the sheets up to my chin.

"You're probably sick, hun. I'm getting you Tylenol. Stay in bed." She said, pulling on pants and a shirt; she usually only slept in a sports bra and her underwear.

As she was in the kitchen, the bedroom door opened and closed, and Farfalle leaped onto the bed, getting all up in my face, and Brielle climbed onto the bed after her.

"Hi girls." I whispered so my voice wouldn't crack.

"You look bad, daddy." Brielle said, curling into my side.

"I think I'm sick Bri." I said, louder now, so she hear the cracks in my voice.

She didn't say anything, and I looked down and saw her fast asleep.

I chuckled, but immediately lifted my head so I wouldn't cough on Brielle.

Anya walked back in, two boxes in her hands, and my water bottle. Her shoulders fell and she sighed when she saw Brielle asleep. "I told her not to come in here, and that you were sick. Can't stay away from her father for more than a minute, this one." She said, putting the boxes and the bottle on our side table.

I chuckled and stroked Bri's hair, her orange locks growing to be extremely long already.

"The other girls are still sleeping?" I asked, sitting up slightly, leaving Bri curled up against my torso.

Anya nodded and held up the two boxes, "Do you want the liquid or the pills?" She asked.

"Pills" I said immediately. I fucking despised liquid medicine.

She took three from the bottle and handed them to me with my water bottle.

As I put them in my mouth and swallowed with water, I immediately felt everything coming back up. I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. I barely made it before I hurled myself over the toilet and threw up.

"Oh, God, Aaron. I've never seen you this sick before." Anya said gently, rubbing my back as I continued to puke.

"This reminds me of when I found out I was pregnant with Vi. I'm getting major deja vu." She said, trying to help.

I gave her a weak smile at her attempt at trying to make me feel better, but really, I just felt like even worse shit.

"Are you okay?" She asked, coming to face me.

I nodded. "I'm okay." I said quietly.

She stood up and she held out her hand so she could help me stand up. "Brush your teeth. Wash up. Then come back to the bedroom okay? I'm gonna call your boss and tell him your sick."