S E V E N T E E N

chapter seventeen

season 2, episode 18 "BY HOOK OR BY CROOK'

"BY HOOK OR BY CROOK'

NATALIA UNEASILY WATCHED as Liam scarfed down his food, she sets her glass of orange juice down. "You know, teeth is for chewing."

"I need to carbo-load for basketball," he responds with pieces of pancakes spraying out of his mouth.

Natalia mimics gagging, "Say it don't spray it." She grabs her dishes, walking into the kitchen to stop off her dishes in the sink.

Someone knocks on the door and Liam goes to open it, revealing Schneider. Surprisingly, he's been a good add on to the Gómez family.

"Ah good morning Schneider," Lydia says as she packs the kids school lunches.

"Morning Lydia, Natalia, Liam," he greets and not so subtly glances around the apartment living room.

Natalia snorts, leaning on the wooden counter. "She's still at work."

"Doesn't get off til 8," Liam adds as he shoves more eggs on his plate.

"What?" Schneider draws out in a high voice. "I wasn't looking for you mom." The three Gómez send him a look, "Okay I was."

"Schneider, my mom is just getting divorced with my dad." Liam says. "I don't think you want to be the first guy she dates." He gets up, putting his cup and plate in the sink.

"I'm totally fine with your mom using me," Schneider says making the twins grimace in disgust.

"Oh you should be lucky to be used by a Gómez," Lydia says. "It's a blessing," she pauses. "And a curse."

Natalia looks up at the ceiling, taking in her grandma's words with a confused face. "Uh-huh."

"Okay, here are you lunches my niños," Lydia says handing Liam his brown paper bag as he exits the kitchen. She hands Natalia two, "One is for the white boy thats in love with you."

"Gracias," Natalia says kissing Lydia's cheek.

Schneider claps his hands together, "Okay lets go kids." He grabs his keys as they grab their backpacks from the couches.

Liam rubs his stomach as Natalia opens the door, "Can we lower the windows? I'm not feeling too good."

Natalia rolls her eyes at her twin, "Oh I wonder why."