O N E

chapter one

season two, episode one "BACK 2 SCHOOL"

"BACK 2 SCHOOL"

     GLANCING OVER TO her clock as she dipped her brush into the pink paint, Natalia Gómez realized she had to start getting ready for her first day of school. Granted she's been up since 5, unable to go back to sleep after she had a dream of her painting so she got up instead and began painting for an hour. She grabbed the rag that was already stained with previous mornings of painting, she wiped her hands and smiled proudly at the canvas in front of her. It was a beautiful garden with a variety of different colored flowers. She put her paintbrushes into the bowl of water as she began to clean up, closing the lids of her paints, setting her sketchbook to the side, and cleaning off her wooden paint palette.

She was done in the next 10 minutes and next she went to take a shower, having showered last night, she saved her time and didn't wash her hair in the mornings. Once she was done she stopped by Liam's room, telling him he was next to shower.

Today was the first of school, scratch that high school dramatic effect because Cory said it was the moment that their lives were bound to change. While Natalia scoffed at the idea, Shawn intently listened and cherished his copy of the plan while Natalia balled hers up in the ball and played air ball with Eric while her two idiotic best friends just made themselves more and more scared.

Her official first day of high school outfit she settled on a black long sleeve that was slightly cropped, her black docs, and a pair of jeans that she painted on sunflowers down the legs. Natalia about painted everything in her closest. Everyday she was either wearing a pair of jeans that were painted, painted sneakers, painted jackets, embroidered pants ( that she was quite proud to wear because it took her forever to learn how ), and etc.

The Cuban girl made her way downstairs, her eyes landing the beer bottles that laid next to couch with the figure of her dad sleeping. She was used this scene sadly, since her dad got laid off 2 years ago his attitude did a complete 180, granted that her and her father before that already didn't have a stable relationship. They just never seemed to find any common ground to talk about, he never seem interested at her school life, her friends, her grades, her hobbies like painting. Although he did favor Liam because they can talk about basketball while she didn't know squat about it. She picked up the 6 beer bottles from the ground, cradling them as she made her way to kitchen. She steps on the lever of the trash can, making the lid prop up. Dumping the bottles in the trash made a loud bang that seemed to make her father stir and mutter the words, "Natalia keep it down por favor."

She quickly mumbled a half ass apology and began breakfast. Cracking eggs onto the pan, putting the bread into the toaster, and starting the coffee. As she maneuvered her way to the kitchen, she hummed softly to herself the lyrics of Dreams by Fleetwood Mac. Once the coffee was done she poured some into to mugs and put the right amount of creamer, she walked out to the living room setting the mug of caffeine on the coffee table.