E I G H T

chapter eight

season 2 episode 8'BAND ON THE RUN'

season 2 episode 8
'BAND ON THE RUN'

NATALIA AND SHAWN sat a table in the corner of Chubbies watching Cory ask another girl to the dance this week. Natalia stirred her chocolate milkshake with her straw as Cory walks back to them.

"Any luck?" Shawn asks and Nat drinks her shake.

"Apparently it's not a good time to be a grandmother. Her grandma is coughing up phlegm," Cory says making Nat make a face of disgust. She stops drinking her shake and slides it to Shawn who starts drinking it. "her grandmothers hacking up blood, and her grandma-"

"Whoa, I happen to know she has no grandmother." Shawn points out.

"Yes and somehow she happens to blame me for her death."

"Cory," Natalia says cracking her knuckles and sliding her finger across her neck,
"do you need to talk to any of them?"

Cory waves dismissively at her, "No it's fine."

"Well look at the bright side, at least you can't sink any lower." Shawn says making Natalia glare at him.

"Wow cariño, you sure know how to cheer someone up."

Shawn doesn't pick up on her sarcasm, he sips on the chocolate shake. "Thanks."

Two guys walk into Chubbie's and look over at the three "Hey you busy?" One of them asks looking at Cory.

"You're not gonna ask me to the dance, are you?" Cory asks making Natalia crack a smile.

"What if I did?"

"I'd say pick me up at 8, but no slow dances." Cory answers

"Just watch these for a second, all right?" The guy says giving Cory the guitar case.

"I can do that." Cory answers and the other guy leaves his case on the table before walking away from the three. "I'm not going to the dance with anybody." Cory says

"Here's an idea, ask Topanga." Natalia pitches.

"I can't do that." Cory says

"Why not?" Natalia asks

"Because Nat, it shows no personal growth if I ask the same girl I've been asking since we were 5." Cory says making Nat and Shawn look at another.