N I N E T E E N

chapter nineteen

season 2, episode 20 'POP QUIZ'

'POP QUIZ'

NATALIA TRAILED BEHIND Cory and Shawn as they ran around and threw around a football. Natalia wasn't paying too much attention until the football hits Frankie and Joey.

The two bobos run sacare but Natalia stayed put, knowing Frankie and Joey were hurting since Harley left for reform school.

She strolls over to the boys, "How you two holding up?"

Frankie weakly shakes his head, "I feel broke Miss Natalia, I can't even eat."

Natalia grabs a candy bar from her denim jacket pocket, "Snickers?" She offers, holding it out to him.

"Sure," Frankie shrugs and takes the chocolate bar. He eats as he goes back to reading the letter with Joey.

Cory and Shawn regrouped over to her, walking cautiously down the steps to the lackeys.

"Uh, Frankie, Joey," Cory says. "I realize it's none of my business why you aren't beating us up, but why aren't you beating us up?"

"Maybe they don't understand us," Shawn says when the two lackeys don't respond.

"I'll translate," Cory nods. "Why ain't you pounding us to a pulp?"

"They're in a rut," Natalia explains, patting Frankie's arm comfortably.

Frankie sends her a thankful nod. "She's right, the thrill of gone."

Shawn breathlessly chuckles, "Too bad. What you got there?" He motions to the letter Joey is reading.

"It's a letter from Harley Kiner," Joey says, visibly upset.

"It's okay Joey," Frankie comfortably wraps his arm around his friend's shoulders.

"How's Harley doing in his new reform school?" Shawn asks.

"It's called juvenile boot camp," Frankie answers. "And he loves it, thank you very much."

Joey folds up the letter, "He never wants to come home. Doesn't say it here but I think he's got a new gang."

"Oh Joey," Natalia says walking over to the blond lackey who's lower lip was trembling.

Cory furrows his brows together, "Are you okay?"