Ten

"George."

I walked to my desk, watching as George stopped in the doorway, back turned to me. When he turned to look at me through his sunglasses, a grin on his face... I licked my lips while placing my palms against the desk.

"If we have another two successful dates, I'll suck your dick."

His lips parted and he let out a breathy chuckle, pushing the sunglasses into his hair before he eyed me up and down.

"Why did you put that in my head?" He bit his lip. "I won't be able to think about anything else."

I shrugged and sat down in my chair, pulling my feet up on the desk.

"I mean... I could do it now." I said and grabbed my pen from the desk, biting down on it. "But I have work to do so..."

I bit down on the pen again, watching him as he slowly backed out of the room.

"I will definitely be calling you tonight." He said, winking at me before he closed the door behind him.

I chuckled and shook my head before pulling my hair up into a ponytail but only about a minute after George left, Malcolm entered quickly, heading straight for my desk.

"Seriously?" I asked. "Don't you have work?!"

"What the fuck is this?!" He asked and threw the divorce papers on the desk.

I raised an eyebrow and he picked up the papers again to read.

"The respondent has behaved in such a way that the petitioner applicant cannot reasonably be expected to live with the respondent." He read before looking at me.

"Yeah?"

"You want me to sign papers that blame me for everything?"

I raised my eyebrows.

"You're the domestic abuser." I said. "It is your behaviour that's the reason for the divorce. Don't act so innocent... now if you would please leave so I can actually get some work done."

"And then you checked the box for wanting financial order?!" He asked. "So what? You want to divorce me yet you want my money."

I let out a laugh and stood up.

"I checked that box for the sake of our children." I said. "You can have the house and you can have your money but if anything happens, our daughters have the right to the house and to your money."

Malcolm threw the papers on the desk again and leaned on it to look at me properly.

"You think it's not already written down?" He asked. "If anything happens to me, everything I own will go to Elsie and Leah. Don't set me up to be a terrible father just because I'm a terrible husband."

I sighed and closed my eyes for a moment, realising he was right.

"Alright... I'm sorry." I said. "But you have to realise that I just want what's best for them so if you sign that, I know you can't just take away their birthright when you change your mind."

He slammed his hand down against the desk, being the dramatic fuck that he is.

"I'm not signing this."

"And why not?"

"Why the fuck do you think?!" He yelled. "Under the section of who gets to have the children, you wrote your name and then I'm only allowed to have them every other weekend? What kind of crap is that?!"

I ran a hand through my hair, tugging at it as I looked at him, my jaw tense.

"It is confusing to them—"