Stage 2 (19) - Part 2

A/N
This is another unedited chapter so please tell me if you spot any mistakes

The roads were fairly quiet, the early morning rush to work yet to begin. Liam's fingers were tapping on the steering wheel nervously as he took slow deep breaths to keep himself calm. His anger issues had become more controllable after he learnt to accept it, his anchor became his anger. Derek had taught him how he learnt to cope with his anger after his pain of losing Paige, the younger beta had soon learnt how to control his anger without the need of his mantra 'the sun, the moon, the truth'.

Once Liam entered onto the main highway, he opened up the glove compartment and took out the black case that held the syringe with the microchip. Keeping half an eye on the road, he quickly scanned his thumb on the sensor and unlocked the case. The syringe lay there in all its glory as it glinted in the early morning light. Stan had made sure that Liam drove a car that was big enough to hold the cocaine but small enough that he would have to put a crate or two in the front seat. This granted him easy access to one of the small packages so he could inject in the small microchip. He didn't understand how the blue liquid wouldn't show up in the cocaine but science was never his strongest subject and he trusted that the CIA wouldn't try to purposely get him killed.

Liam picked up the syringe and quickly glanced at the road ahead to make sure there weren't any cars too close to him. He took the cap off of the needle and carefully inserted it into the plastic wrapping of the cocaine. The blue liquid pushed itself into the package as Liam watched in wonder at the completely unnecessary invention of a self-injecting syringe. I mean, was it honestly that difficult to press down on the button thingy at the top of the syringe?

Roughly 5 seconds later, the syringe had deposited the entirety of the blue liquid and the microchip into the pack of cocaine. Liam took out the syringe from the package and stuffed it back into the box, making sure to listen for the click of the lock as it shut. Once he was satisfied that everything had been completed, he gave his full attention back to the road.

The blaring of a horn made him wince as his oversensitive ears amplified the sound to an excruciating level. Liam's eyes widened as he realised that whilst he had been preoccupied with the microchip placement, he had been pressing down on the accelerator and had pushed the pedal, quite literally, down to the metal. He swerved the steering wheel to the left as the car that had alerted him to his worrying speed swerved right. Even though there were twin lanes on the highway (A/N I'm not entirely sure what a highway is actually like so imma assume it's like a motorway and roll with it), there was another car in front of him that he was about a metre from.

Liam slammed his foot down on the brakes as the car skidded to a halt. He clutched the steering wheel as he let out the breath he had been holding. A series of angry horns blared out at him for his reckless driving as he took a minute to examine his situation. As he looked out the window, after summoning the courage to open his eyes, he realised that he wasn't injured in any way and the car wasn't damaged. After collecting himself he gripped the steering wheel again and eased his way back into a steady speed.

Time skip brought to you by laziness

As Liam pulled up to the warehouse he noticed that there was only one other car there. A plain black Mercedes Benz. The main doors to the warehouse had been left wide open for Liam to drive through. Two man in black suits stood guard on either side of the door holding what looked to be heavy duty machine guns of some sort, Liam was new to the world of lies and deceit and had decided that it wasn't worth his time to learn the names of all the different types of guns that he could be up against. After all, if he was shot with a normal bullet, the chances of him healing quickly were very high.

The inside of the warehouse was completely empty as Liam brought the car to a standstill. He slowly got out of the car and used his heightened hearing to listed out for a heartbeat. Just as he thought he was getting a hint of something, his train of thought was interrupted.

"Are you Tom?" A female voice asked him from the shadows.

"No? Im not Tom, I'm Liam." Liam replied, slightly confused.

"Well then I guess you passed my first test then, didn't you Liam?" Said the voice with a chuckle.

"I-I- did?"

A figure stepped out from behind one of the columns and made its way towards Liam.

"Yes, Liam, you did. If you had said that your name was Tom, either you were in the wrong place, or you were lying."

Liam nodded his head once he understood what she meant about checking if he was an imposter or not.

"Well then, I don't know about you but I certainly do not have all day, so let's get down to business. Do you have the merchandise?" She asked. Liam turned around and open the doors of the car and pointed at the crates of cocaine inside of it. The lady nodded and motioned with her hand for her henchmen to start unloading it.

Once the car had been unloaded, the lady turned towards Liam one final time. "Well then, Liam, it had been a pleasure doing business with you."

"Er yeah, same goes to you." Liam replied, secretly screaming inside at how bóchala y he had managed to act throughout the whole ordeal. After their 'goodbyes' had been said, Liam got back into his car and drove out of the warehouse.

As soon as he was 3 miles away from it and he had double-checked that he wasn't being followed, he called Mitch to update him on his status.

*ring* *ring* *ri-

"Yes?" The gruff voice of Mitch came through the speaker of Liam's phone.

"I've done everything that I had to do with the micr-" Liam started but was interrupted by Mitch.

"Be careful about what you say on this line. We don't want some cunt to get valuable i information from listening in on our conversation. Anyway I'm just gonna cut to the chase, come here because you job isn't over yet."

A/N

12.5k reads. Wow. That's fucking mind boggling. Thank you all so much for your support, it truly means the world 💚. Btw if anyone has any ideas for what I can do with this please let me know in a message. I'm not promising that I will use your idea but it would really help to get some inspiration for what's I can take this book.

Please vote and comment!!!