Regroup (20)

As Liam pulled into the garage under Mitch's apartment, a female voice with an English accent suddenly started speaking, the sound echoing around the walls.

"Welcome Mr Dunbar." It said as Liam stepped out of the car. Liam jumped and dropped his car keys onto the floor in shock. He whipped his head around and strained his ears to listen for a heartbeat, but it was to no avail as he quickly realised that there was nobody else in the garage with him.

"H-Hello?" He called out, waiting to see if he got a response.

"Hello Mr Dunbar, I am JENNIFER, a personal assistant. Would you like me to notify Stan and Mitch of your arrival?"

"Sure?" He replied, still getting used to talking to the AI system instead of a real person. The sound of a lock clicking came from the door as it swung open, seemingly of its own accord.

"Just this way Mr Dunbar, your host has been informed of your arrival and is waiting for you upstairs."

Liam nodded his head before replying with a meek, "Yes!", he didn't know if JENNIFER had cameras that could look at him and see him nodding, if she could see him though... the thought creeped him out. He made his way through the open door and up the stairs before knocking on the door of the apartment. The door swung open to reveal Newt, who quickly ushered Liam into the apartment before closing the door slightly harder than necessary.

"Great now that we're all here, let's get started." Said Stan once Newt and Liam joined everyone else in the living room.

"The chip was a success and now we know where the package is going. We have a team ready to pick them up and finish the job."

The good news was met with grunts of approval and the nodding of heads.

"What do we do now? Do we need to find out what the McCall pack is doing now?" Asked Mason.

"Well we know that him and his little pack haven't been getting together to sing Kumbaya and make s'mores by the fire." Interjected Peter. Mitch and Stan just sent him deadpanned glares, clearly not appreciating his sarcasm, Peter just shrugged and smirked in response.

"Well, we're hoping that McCall is impressed with the drug heist that you just pulled off and asks you to meet up again. In an ideal world, he would ask you to stay that night so that you could implant the chip in him without any problems, but we know that this is a far from ideal world so the chances of that happening are slim to none." Said Stan to Liam. Liam looked slightly unsure as to how exactly he was supposed to be able to pull all of this off but decided against saying anything to Stan. Who still scared him.

Mitch pulled out what looked like the box for a ring out of his back pocket.

"Oh my God! Are you going to propose!" Squealed Peter as he stood up and started jumping up and down in one spot and waving his arms about madly. The silence in the room was deafening as everyone turned to stare at him in shock. Peter took one look at their faces and immediately burst out laughing.

"Y-You should have seen your faces!" Peter laughed, wiping a tear from his eye. Mitch stood there and, to a stranger, he looked stoic and emotionless but those who knew him best saw the way the corner of his mouth twitched.

"I didn't know you swung that way." Said Newt as he still tried to process what he had just witnessed.

Peter looked at him and in the most serious way he could, lifted up his right arm at the elbow and flicked his hand forwards. "Purr." That just succeeded in making everything a hell of a lot more awkward as Stan slowly shook his head in disbelief.

"Aww c'mon. Your gonna tell me that no one thought I was a ✨spicy✨ straight? Well even if none of you noticed, I am pansexual."

As this revelation sunk in, the people that had known Peter since they were in high school began to realise that it was, in fact, very obvious. All the people sneaking in and out of Peter's apartment at all hours of the night suddenly made more sense. Peter's obscure answer when they were playing a game of Truth or Dare and Lydia asked him what his perfect woman would be, to which he answered "how about perfect partner."

"Well then, if anyone else wants to share any news with the class, speak now." Said Stan sarcastically. When his retort was met with silence he proceed to roll his eyes and nod at Mitch. Mitch cleared his throat and after sending a slight glance to Peter, he proceeded to open the box containing the ring.

It was a sleek silver coloured ring. It was a simple design and seemed almost flawless. If you looked closely though, you could see the slight indents where the ring's purpose was hidden.

"This will help you sedate Scott so that you can implant the chip. It had a built in needle that's hidden within the ring. All you need to do is press this button and the needle with eject and inject Scott with a wolfsbane sedative so that he is knocked out for 10 minutes." Said Mitch, pointing at the different parts of the rings as he explained their purpose.

Liam gingerly took the ring out of Mitch's hand and looked upon it in wonder.

"So how am I supposed to infect Scott without him noticing?" Asked Liam.

"The needle is incredibly thin and all you need to do is get the ring on his bare skin, like his hand or neck, and then trigger the injection. With his hyper healing abilities it should have closed the injection site by the time he looks down because all he should feel is a small scratch." Replied Newt, who looked thoroughly bored and the only time he looked like he was paying attention was when he thought that Peter wants to take his Mitchy away from him.

"Great, so all I have to do is sedate my ex-Alpha and chip him like the bitch he is. Wait. How am I supposed to chip him?"

"We haven't got time to mess about so I'll tell you in the car." Replied Mitch. At this point he snatched the ring out of Liam's hand and put it safely back in the box. Without even saying goodbye to the people in the room, he turned and left his apartment, not even bothering to wait and see if Liam would follow him, he expected him to.

"Rapp really needs to get off of his high horse and loose the theatrics." Stan practically growled.

"Well he did learn from the best." Was Peter's cheeky reply.

A/N

I'm so sorry for not updating last week but I've been so busy revising for exams and doing homework that I just haven't had the time.

Also just a cheeky little side note: ITS MY FUCKING BIRTHDAY 🥳🥳🥳