Chapter 27 - Rebels

Our training went on as normal for the rest of the week. I noticed everyone using new moves and their power increasing exponentially. Because we were no longer around other students or under the watchful eye of teachers, we went all out on one another. Because of that, there was more and more of us getting severely injured but I was able to heal them good as new. 

Cam warned me that there were more rumours going around the school. The students weren't as stupid as I thought and they were putting two and two together when it came to people leaving the school grounds after curfew and me no longer being a student there. As long as the teachers never found out or caught us, I really didn't mind though. I even put the suggestion across that if other students wanted to join in with our training, they could. 

They just had to pass my test first.

I always felt like the teachers were trying to restrict and control the students, which is why there was never any security in the school or on the gates. The teachers believed no one could leave the school without their knowledge. So, my test was if they could leave the school undetected, they could join in the training. If they were caught, they were on their own.

I spent the days training by myself. Testing out all my affinities, especially the frost bite. When I used it on Aguya, that was a complete fluke. I hadn't even realised what I'd done. I was shooting ice blasts against some trees but they all felt like my normal ones. I tried to think back to what my attack was like, what I felt when I shot it and the emotions I was feeling. I felt anger starting to simmer within me when I thought about Aguya. She really was a crazy bitch.

I shot an ice blast at the tree and squealed in happiness. The patch on the tree was a lot darker than before and there was a slight hole starting to form in it. The only way to really test this power was to use it on people but I knew I couldn't do that. Mrs. D said this was deadly, freezing people from the inside out. I couldn't do that to someone when I was just testing my powers.

I used it more and more and eventually got a hang on how to use it. The frost bite would only happen when I felt some form of anger or annoyance. At least for now any way. I'm sure the more I train, the easier it will be for me to use.

At the weekend, Phoenix and I went into to town to buy some things for the house. It was only a few bits and pieces that I needed like new bedding, a kettle and mini fridge. It slowly started to feel like a home to me and I wondered who I had to speak to to be able to actually permanently live there. It was currently late Sunday afternoon and Phoenix and I were led in bed. We knew it was almost time for him to go back to school.

"Do you think you'll get in trouble for not being at the school over night every Friday and Saturday?" I asked him. I was led on my stomach, looking at him dreamily. He shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know. There's no school rules saying we cant stay out when we don't have classes the next day."

"I'd hate for you to get in trouble because of me." I looked down at the bed sheets. Phoenix turned on his side, facing me. He put a finger under my chin to look at him.

"I won't but even if I did, I don't care." I smiled sadly at him.

"I know."

"I love you Splash." Phoenix smiled warmly at me, a loving look shining in his eyes. I pushed myself up, pushing him so he was led on his back and I was straddling him. I felt him start to stir under me. I traced a finger across his face, tracing his forehead, his eyebrows, around his eyes, down his nose, across his cheekbones and down his sexy jawline, finally finishing at his lips.

"I love you Phoenix. More than anything in this world." I said, looking deep into his eyes. At this point he was standing to full attention so I shifted, hissing as he entered me. I put a hand either side of his face on the pillow, loving the furrow of his eyebrows as he squeezed my hips. He lifted his head up, sucking on one nipple then the other, making me moan and move my hips more. I yelped when he bit down, sending a new wave of heat through me.