Chapter 30 - For Our Freedom

"No!" Phoenix shouted at me as soon as I raised my hand. Mr. Peters and Mr. Antaeus both stomped on the ground, raising their hands to put up a wall of defence in front of the teachers. My body was shaking with white hot rage. I was so sick of all of this. I stopped my attack when I felt arms wrap around me, pulling me back.

"Get off! Get the fuck off me!" I growled, fighting against their hold. The teachers had to pay for what they've done, lying to us every day, never telling the truth.

"Splash, calm down." Phoenix grunted, fighting against me.

"Get off me Phoenix, this doesn't concern you." I finally manged to get out of his hold, taking a few steps away from him. He looked at me like he's never seen me before. Like I'm a complete and total stranger to him. Good. That was probably for the best.

"What is happening right now Coventina? Look around you. What is going on?" Irritation shot threw me.

"You know what's been going on! They've been lying to us. All of them!" I shouted, pointing and looking at the teachers. Mr. Peters and Mr. Antaeus bought down the earth wall and just watched mine Phoenix's interaction.

"No, you're not thinking straight." Phoenix was shaking his head at me.

"Oh, but I am. For the first time in my life, I know exactly what is going on." I turned to face the teachers again, bring my arm up behind me to send a tidal wave of water and ice. Because there was so many people around us, some people got hit by my attack. I couldn't bring myself to care though. All the teachers were able to react quick enough to put up a defensive shield which just seemed to anger me more.

"Is it true?" I turned to look behind Phoenix at Cam. He was looking at me with worry but there was no anger in his eyes like Phoenix's. "Is it true that they've been lying to us?" Cam asked again. I nodded my head at him. His jaw clenched as he looked over at the teachers. "Why?" He asked nobody in particular. 

"They want to keep us weak." I sneered, walking away from Phoenix and over to Cam.

"It's not like that Coventina." Mr. Antaeus' voice was deeper than normal.

"Oh yeah? Then why don't you tell students about the royal bloodline?" I sneered. There was more whispers around me.

"Tina, what exactly is the plan here?" Cham questions, walking up and standing on Cam's other side.

"To get to the truth." I never took my eyes off of Mr. Peters. All I saw was red when I looked at him. All the lies, all the deceit clouded my vision.

"Coventina, I need you to think about what you're doing." Mr. Peters face changed to one of anger and frustration.

"What? Like you did when you lied to me?" I lifted my hand, forming ice under where the teachers were standing. I raised the ice, bring it up in front of them, then over their heads, trapping them in an ice prison. Without missing a beat, all the teachers attacked at once and broke free. 

"Coventina, don't make us use force." Mr. Peters warned.

"Do your worst, cousin." I sneered at the end.  There were gasps all around me at the new information. Mr. Peters' jaw twitched, then he stomped on the floor, shaking the ground under me. The ground broke apart all around us, other students shouting in surprise as they fell over. I created an ice spear and threw it straight towards Mr. Peters head. I used the water in the air around us to control it to make sure it hit its target. Just as it got to him, he leaned to the side and caught it. My eyes narrowed at him.

"Fine. Have it your way." Mr. Peters decided to fight fire with fire, sending a giant boulder at me. I jumped in the air, spinning over it. I landed on my feet, glaring at him.