The Expedition

Chapter 1: The Expedition

Chapter Updated

TERRAN UNITED FEDERATION

2487
SECTOR COPERNICUS

Above the planet of Arcturus Prime lies a fleet of mixed ships of different roles and classes. The expeditionary force is completely made up of 450 ships of varying sizes from the tiny Gunships to the colossal Battlecruiser. All of the ships are docked at the Arcturus Planetary Spaceport to ferry the colonists to their designated colony ships and gather as much ammunition and supplies as possible for their journey into the galaxy billions of light years away. The humming and buzzing noises of the plasma and impulse engines can be heard through the facilities of the Spaceport while the final maintenance checks are being done to ensure no incidents are to happen during departure.

On the Flagship Battlecruiser Eurasia, Admiral Kuznetsov stands proudly in the bridge of one of the finest ships of the Federation. This ship packs a punch with its 6 Quad MK IV Advanced Railguns, 10 Mk XII Tri-Coilguns, 4 Dual X-ray Laser Cannons, 8 Type-56 Point Defense Turrets and 3 Swarm Missile Pods. The battlecruiser is also protected by its highly advanced shield arrays powered by its 3 Anti-Matter Reactors and Durasteel/Hardened Plasteel armor plating.

"This beast of a ship is invincible." The Admiral smirks in triumph. An ensign walks to him with a tablet containing every data about each and one of the ships that he will eventually lead into the new Eighth Galaxy. He then analyses it carefully to ensure no one was left behind.

The list of ships is as follows:
1 Hegemony Class Battlecruiser (Eurasia)
3 Cohesion Class Heavy Cruisers
3 Mimir Class Strike Carriers
15 Cruisers
25 Light Cruisers
65 Super Destroyers
80 Destoryers
150 Corvettes
70 Gunships
10 Patrol Ships
10 Colony Ships (20M humans each)
5 Construction Ships
8 Science Ships
3 Assault Carrier Ships
2 Delegation Ships

22nd Squadron
471st Squadron
907th Squadron
775th Squadron
774th Squadron
20+more

567th Space Rangers Corp(800k troops)
68th Space Marine Corp(800k troops)
4th Star Enforcer Brigade(200k personnel)
7+more

"Unbelievable, that's a lot of personnel to handle." the Admiral says worryingly.

"A lot of responsibility..." he mumbles to himself. He opens up a panel and hails the 2 delegation ships that accommodates the 12 would be council members who will take control of the Eighth Galaxy. The screen in the bridge boots up and shows 12 individuals. 5 are politicians, while 3 are military officials and 4 are directors of varying science divisions.

The highest of the twelve, Overseer Maverick. "Admiral Kuznetsov... it is delightful to meet you" the Overseer greets with a calm voice.

"Delightful to see you too Overseer, I am here to report to you about our preparation and departure"

Kuznetsov then clears his throat and reports about the readiness of the fleet. Hours pass by and the all of the ships are ready to go. The fleet travels 4 Astronomical Units from Arcturus Prime into a complex facility of rings around a giant warpgate that will bring them into the Eighth Galaxy, preliminarily reports from scouts has concluded of no sign of advanced alien civilization but the fleet should remain cautious of any suspicious events.

The warpgate is activated and shines a bright blue hue.

"This is the Flagship Eurasia, permission for Plan Exodus to commence?" The Admiral says to the Facility Commander

"Affirmative Admiral, the President has given permission for Intergalactic Travel" the Commander replies in a professional manner and gived a salute.