Diplomatic Envoy

Chapter 4: Diplomatic Envoy

Qua-Toyne Principality Foreign Affairs Ministry

This place was a building where diplomatic duties are handled, but currently, this place was running on a tight schedule for preparations in opening a diplomatic relationship with the SOR. Documents and manacoms exchanges were beeping around constantly, dealing with securing personnel for the delegation party, adjusting the authority to be granted for the ambassador, or other related matters.

"Yagou! I heard that you will go as one of the mission delegation members7 to the newly emerging nation called Sovereign Order of the Remnants! So envious, I also want to go there too."

Yagou was called out by one of his coworkers.

It wasn't uncommon to dispatch a diplomatic mission to another country. In this world where many countries exist, leadership changes and country's rise and fall were an everyday occurrence for mid-sized countries. It was also often for a large sized country to splintered into many small and medium countries, in other words, this was the evidence that the world situation was unstable.

There were many lands where the public order worsened when the national policy was restructured and reformed. There were places where the standard of living even worse than Qua-Toyne Principality. It's often the case that if an area had many deaths, then the sanitation will become bad, that there might take a toll on the member of the delegation. So to be a member of a diplomatic mission was a work that was despised by everyone.

The standards of living and public order in Qua-Toyne Principality were notably higher amongst the remote countries.

As seen from the major power Parpaldia Empire, the closest Three Great Civilized Area nation from the Rodenius Continent, together with the Topa Kingdom on the north, Fuen Kingdom, and Gahara Thearchy. Qua-Toyne Kingdom was at the easternmost remote region. They might look down on the Principality as Barbarian Territory, but it had abundant food resources that gave birth to a culinary culture that won't lose even to the Civilized Lands. So, it was understandable why they didn't eager to be included as a member on a diplomatic mission.

However, the target country where the mission is dispatched into this time was really extraordinary.

Yagou had scanned the documents that had been distributed beforehand to the delegation members and it offhandedly described unbelievable information. A high-speed flying ship that could fly at an altitude that is impossible to reach by a wyvern with a length of 400-meters or a large 2-kilometer long ship, each utilized a tremendous level of technological prowess. "Impossible, how could ships of that size are able to fly?, and let alone the amount of mana needed to power one?!"

There's even a reminder, "Don't underestimate the unidentified country, by all means, don't be discourteous , that prudence was demanded in the current task."

"How unbelievable......"

Yagou mind was full of questions

A wyvern was an expensive weapon. The Wyvern Knights is an elite amongst elite; a supreme ruler of the sky, whom any soldiers dream to be one even for a moment. Just like a Cavalry Knight is superior to an infantry, Dragon Knights are overwhelmingly superior to a Cavalry Knight. A single wyvern could play with the whole battalion of Cavalry Knights like mere toys.