Louria Strikes!

Chapter 7: Louria Strikes!

Central Calendar Year 1639, Month 4, Day 15-Morning

Near the Louria-Qua-Toyne Border

The Campgrounds of the Vanguard Force of the Louria Kingdom’s Eastern Subjugation Army

There were countless magic communication messages from the Qua-Toyne Principality’s Foreign Ministry, to demand that Louria's army must be withdrawn from the border.

But they were completely ignored them. It was as if they were determined to wage war.

"Tomorrow, Gim will fall."

Adem, who was appointed to lead the vanguard force, was talking to a communication operator.

From the top of a hill, they were looking at the 30,000 strong army that was marching in front of their very eyes.

A 30,000 strong army was by no means a large one considering the total amount of soldiers that the Louria Kingdom had, but it was more than enough for waging a single battle. Even if it was just a vanguard force, Adem had been given command, and so, he viciously smiled.

20,000 infantry, 5,000 heavy infantry, 2,000 cavalry, 1,500 siege specialists, 1,000 raiders, 250 monster users of the Dark Corps, 100 magicians, and then 150 wyverns. Going just by the numbers, the infantry was the largest group, but a squadron of 10 wyverns could stop the track of 10,000 infantry. Furthermore, there were 150 wyverns in this force.

He could see how much his country was expecting from this vanguard force. Adem, who was aware of the weight of the mission upon him, rather than feeling nervous, his happiness outweighed it even more.

Wyverns were expensive weapons. If every wyvern possessed by Louria were gathered at once, it would only number 200 units.

However, more than 300 more wyverns would participate in the war against Qua-Toyne Principality.

Rumors began to spread that the Parpaldians were tampering. Nobody below General Pandor, who supervised the ground troops, knew if this was true. After all, there was no coat of arms in the wyverns’ armor, so there was no way to identify them, other than through speculation.

In any case, 150 wyverns were assigned to the vanguard force. Adem was pleased with this clearly overpowered force.

"What we should do about the spoils of war in Gim?"

Albeit frightened, the communication operator asked Adem, who was still sporting a savage smile.

Adem was a ruthless knight and his cruelty, that he had showed in the occupied territory when the Louria kingdom started the aggressive wars, was also widely-known amongst the soldiers.

"I won’t punish any plundering at Gim, they can do what they like. They could have fun with the women, but after they have finished using them, they must dispose of every single one. Don’t let a single one leave the town alive. Notify this to the entire subjugation army."

The operator's face stiffened.

"As you wish...General.."

He turned his back as if to flee, but Adem stopped him.

"No, wait! As expected…… They could have fun with them, but leave 100 of them alive. They could spread rumors and fear…… Then, if there are any families of the enemy Knights in the city, deal with them as cruelly as possible hehehe."

Adem continued to laugh creepily.

"Now, let the war of eradication begin!"

"Yes, Sir! I will notify this."