Chapter 2- Curiosity

 Lorna's PoV

 I wondered around for a little longer until all the crowds died down. I looked to the sky and to me, it looked about 4 o’clock, so it was going to get dark soon. i walked cautiously down an alleyway and opened my guitar case. i looked in there and got all of my spare change. I sat on the cold floor and started to count it. £17.46 all together. That was actually quite good. I stuffed it in my cardigan pocket, picked up my guitar case and looked for the closest store.

I wondered into a Tesco's store and looked about. I picked up a bottle of coke and a tube of Pringles. Meh... I wasn't too bothered about what I eat. But I didn’t wanna spend a lot of cash. Thoughts flooded my head as I thought of actually counting all the money I’ve gathered over the 5 years of street performing... maybe I had enough to rent an apartment... I dunno... I walked on a little more, still in a daydream and I bumped into something. I looked up and I had actually bumped into someone. Wow... I'm dumb.

"Oh.. I'm sorry..." I mumbled to the person. I walked on by them and kept my head low. i felt someone grab my hand as I walked on and I turned around to see that guy from earlier. I look up at him and I give him an awkward smile.

"Hi again." He says

"Hey." I reply.  I didn’t really know what to say to him. But he didn’t let go of my hand. He stared at me for some time and I was quite confused... I looked at him properly for the first time and I was met with a pair of gorgeous green eyes. They looked a whole lot like my eyes... but nicer. I sighed and said

"Sorry for bumping into you..."

"Oh don't be sorry, if anything I should be apologising, you must think I am rather weird.." He said quickly.

"I've met much weirder." I reply chuckling a bit. he let out a chuckle and dropped my hand

"I'm PJ, and you are?" He said kindly. I took a deep breath and said

"Lor... Nobody." Then I dashed off into the various isles of Tesco's. PJ was the name of my childhood friend. I highly doubt it was this PJ though... for a moment I considered telling him my name... he didn’t need to know who I am. No matter how kind he was, it wasn't necessary for him to know. I quickly ran to the self checkout and I paid for myself before running into the night.

PJ's PoV

“Lor… Nobody.”  She said quickly. Then she dashed off again, running down isles. I watched as her dirty blonde hair waved side to side as she ran. I mist have looked like a total idiot standing in the middle of Tesco’s empty handed staring at a girl run down the isles. Yep... I am defiantly a weirdo. She seemed so recognisable though… I feel like I know her. All I know is that her name begins with Lor… My stupid brain obviously goes for the least likely option and I think of Lori… It can’t be though… I don’t know.

I shook my head getting rid of the thoughts and picked up some milk and cereal for Phil. I proceeded to the checkout and casually walked out of Tesco’s, into the darkness of night. I am going to find it harder to navigate London… I walked up a few streets I knew were the right way until I came to the turn left or right… now if I could remember… I really don’t know though… I turned left hoping I would remember my settings.

After wondering about for a few minutes I came to the conclusion that I was lost. I tried re-tracing my steps and I just ended up down some random alleyway. I started pacing thinking about what to do… My footsteps echoed in the empty alleyway and it was creeping me out.

“Who’s there?” I heard a voice shout out in surprise. I turned around and I saw a small, dark figure curled up on the floor not too far away from where I was standing.