Chapter 8- Promise that.

Lorna's PoV

I walked with PJ, to his hotel. I hadn't really explored this part of london so i was slightly on edge. He noticed my tension and he squeezed my hand slightly. This made me calm down completely. I sometimes hated this effect that PJ always had on me. Its like he could just change my mood when he wants. Either that or I'm Bipolar. I smiled at him, trying to figure out what he was thinking. It's so peculiar. Or was it just luck? I'm not too sure. He dragged me along into the hotel while i was too busy in my little dream world and before i knew it i was being thrown on the bed.

"Holy Crap PJ, that scared me!" I say to him, sighing.

"Well i caught your attention, You've been muttering to yourself for the past five minutes, i was starting to worry about your sanity." He replied chuckling.

"Sorry..." I muttered, i could feel my cheeks heating up.

"Now do you care to share what you were thinking?" He whispered in my ear, Sitting on the edge of the bed. I sat up and looked into his eyes. My mind was set to say no but my mouth said otherwise.

"I was thinking, how weird it was that you just came back into my life. Its like Karma's being nice, which isn't normal... But Will It Last?" I asked myself, not expecting an answer from him.

"You believe In Karma?" Is all he said. I hummed in response nodding my head.

"Why?" He questioned.

"Well it seems true enough. What goes around comes around. You do something good, 9 times out of 10 you'll get a reward. You make the wrong decision 9 times out of 10, your lifes just about to run into a shit storm." I replied not really thinking.

"That's a good but weird way to think of life." He stated.

"Well, something's been a bitch to me, so what else to blame than karma?" I replied icily. He looked slightly hurt as if i was to blame him.

"I didnt mean it like-" I started saying before he cut me off by saying

"I know... I know what you meant... Well It all depends doesnt it... I mean do you want us to last?" He replied in a monotone. I looked up at him.

"Well Of course i would, but all good things come to an end eventually." I say.

"Why can you just believe your in a world where things last?" He asks chuckling.

"Because it would be un-realistic to think like that, the truth is that nothing is perfect, nothing lasts and theres no such thing as ultimate happiness." I reply. to him in a matter of factly tone.

"Oh look over here, its little miss i know all the truths to life!" He says exaggerating. I laugh at him and i punch his shoulder. We laugh for a little bit until a comfortable silence falls upon us.

"Do you trust me?" He whispered. I looked into my eyes and i said

"Yes...." Not really knowing what else to say.

"You sure? You sound uncertain." He pushes.

"I trust you to a limit." I reply.

"What do you mean?" He asks, i could see the hurt in his eyes.

"I... Its hard to explain." I say struggling to say the right words.

"Well let me put it this way, would you trust me if i said i would keep you safe?" He asked. I thought about it and then sighed.

"Don't take this personally but if anyone said that to me i wouldnt trust them." I replied truthfully, staring into his hurt filled eyes.

"Why though? Do you have trust issues?" He asked, sounding desperate for a right answer.