Chapter sixteen

"What! You referred Wei as skeptical! Arrogant! Really? AT least you should think before you spoke" Lin scolds Yunlan who was standing looking down leaning at the wall

"Okay, I agree this time he was wrong regarding mom but what about the times where he stands correct? (Yunlan stands silent) Yunlan! He is doing everything for you.. and for your safety" Lin place his hand on his shoulder and tries to explain but suddenly Yunlan's phone beeps and a message appears

"Sir, I don't care what you think about me but I have complete faith that I did the right thing"

Yunlan reads it and looks at Lin "You are wrong, Lin! You think Wei is selfless! That he isn't egoistic? Then just read this text.. He still won't admit his mistake.. (Lin sigh) He is too egoistic, no wonder he is not accepting his mistake.......... Now I will show him! Just wait and watch"

"What? What will you do? Yunlan, tell me what you are going to do?" Lin gets worried. Yunlan connects call with Wei

"Fine! I don't want to argue..... But this is it... Mr. Lovely, whatever you did for me till date, I thank you for that..... You must be very tired now.. so, let me relieve you from all your responsibilities and duties.. I don't need you anymore.. You may go wherever you want to"

Yunlan speaks nonstop without giving chance to Shen Wei.. Wei gets angry and shocked at his words..

"Thank you!" Wei said and cut off the call.. Yunlan looked at Lin and gets confused, he was not expecting his short and quick answer..
"Thank you?.. Is it for relieving him or for his long stay here? And all I got in reply is a 'thank you'!"

"What to do now?" Yunlan makes a cute worried face "You should apologize to him!" Lin suggested and Yunlan breathes deeply "Apologize for what?.. What I did?"

"Okay, I understand that you can't apologize to him but at least you can call him and ask what his thank you mean!" Lin said and gives phone to Yunlan saying he will surely return when you called him..

Yunlan swats the phone away "I don't care whether he stays or not.." Yunlan said and carelessly went to sit on the bed and turn on the TV "Okay" Lin shrugged his shoulders and sits on the chair at the other side of the bed..

Yunlan keep thinking about Shen Wei while playing with the remote..

"He would usually hover around me like a satellite but today, just no sign of him.. I think he is gone.. okay! (Lin smiles listening to his self-talk) But he didn't even say the last goodbye" Yunlan was so worried but his ego comes in front of him..

One of the servants goes to Da and told him that Yunlan has asked your beloved Mr. Wei to leave this palace forever.. Da asked how he knows and the other told that he heard Yunlan and Lin's conversation.. Da gets happy and he told everyone about the same

Everyone gets happy except aunty... She knows all this won't easy at all..

Yunlan had enough now.. He stands and rushed towards Lin. He snatched the phone from Lin's hands

"Hey, just because you joined the police force have you discarded all your emotions, too? (Lin was looking at him with a slight smile and satisfied expressions) Wei is your friend for so many years.. So, don't you have any regrets that he has left?....... Go and check if Shen Wei is fine"

Yunlan shouts and Lin smiles "No! (Snatching his phone back) Why would it matter to me when it doesn't matter to you? He protected you for many years and I know that he can protect himself, right?... Is it matter to you that where is he and how is he?"

Lin's tone was sarcastic and Yunlan rolled his eyes being frustrated "Right! Why do I care?" Yunlan sits on the bed tapping his foot on the floor worriedly and looking around.. Lin was smiling at him