Chapter 1 ~ The Midnight

Even now this landscape is assembling.......

The hills darken....,The oxen sleep in their blue yoke.......

And the wife leaning out the window..

with her hand extended, as in payment......,

And calling Come here, little one...

Let's Start the Journey-

At 8:00pm, Mumbai

Deep and Tara were in the car. Tara was blindfolded.

Tara : Deep, where are we going?

Deep : It's a secret. I have planned something special for you.

Tara : I am so excited Deep!! When will we reach the destination?

Deep : Just ten more minutes, Sweet heart.

Ten minutes later, Deep stopped the car in front of a huge house. The huge house which was built on the outskirts of the City, Mumbai.

Tara : Why have you stopped the car here?

Deep: Just come with me.

It was big and fully decorated. Tara awestruck to look at the surrounding area around the house. The house was surrounded by thick, green forests. Adding to the beauty of the house. There was a big, wide garden that laid in front of the house.

Deep : I have bought this only for you.

Tara : Woww deep. It's amazing. It seems that the whole Beauty of Shimla is imprisoned in this house.

Deep : Should I say It's not as beautiful as compared to you?

Tara : Aww... I love you Deep.

Deep (Smirked) : Glad that at least you love me.

Tara hitted Deep on his Arm.

Tara : Stupid you! Let's go inside.

They both went into the house. The house was fully decorated. Tara was smiling widely looking at everything. She saw a decorated table and a Cake on it. Deep took her hand in his and moved towards the table. They both cutted the cake together and fed each other smiling. Tara was not looking like less than a kid. Unfortunately, Deep got an important phone call and went a distance far.

Tara looked at the house. It was just like her dream house, just the way she wanted. She was moving in the house which was huge, large and fully decorated. She moved to the corridor when her eyes fell on a room. The eerie silence of the room caused her goosebumps. It was dark, scary and a voice of playing piano with "Happy Birthday Tara'" from it. Her body started shivering. She started sweating heavily. Her throat felt dry. She walked towards the stairs in search of water and made her way down to the kitchen.

She saw a glass full of water. She quickly reached for a glass. And before she could drink,the water converted into blood. The glass fell down from her hold. The glass breaks and she saw the face of a lady in the blood. Her hands trembled and her body stiffened. She tried to look back with the corner of her eyes but in vain. And before she could turn, the lights were switched off.

She screamed at the sight.

Tara : Deeppppp save me plz save me.

Tears rolling down from her eyes.

Deep came there and was shocked to look at her stage. Tara instantly hugged him.

Tara : deep plz save me. I saw a lady in the blood. A glass of water does not know how it was automatically converted into blood. Look at the floor.

Deep saw and there was nothing on the floor. Neither a broken glass nor  blood. Tara was shocked.

Tara : Deep I am telling the truth. That glass fell down with my hand and I saw someone's face. Deep, I don't know where it is gone but that glass was here. Even there was some strange sound coming from the room too.

Deep : Calm down tara.There's no one here other than us. How's it even possible? You do think too much nowadays. Look there is nothing like that. Perhaps you are very tired. Let's come and have a sleep.

Tara was out of her mind. She didn't say anything and went with Deep.
When they reached the first floor. Tara saw the same dark room but it was locked.

Tara : Why is this room locked?

Deep : I think the store room probably is. Anyway, some people used to live here before this.

Tara : Who lived?

Deep : Don't know that but there was a couple who went Abroad because of some personal reasons.

Tara : But i want to see that room.

Deep : Why do you have to see that room in such a big house? Well Leave it now, this room is already locked and I don't have the keys. Once I got the keys, then we will see the room. Happy now?

Tara smiled sadly. She wanted to see that room because she found something suspicious in that. But still she went with Deep as she wanted herself to be positive for Deep because she didn't want to create any drama.
***********************
It was 3:00am,

In that dark room, there was Maya Mehrotra with dark stories and secrets. There was no light at all. She was sitting in the room playing piano and saying "Happy Birthday Tara, Happy Birthday to you". She took a pic of Aditya and said in pain.

Maya : Earlier you too used to celebrate every birthday of mine here and whenever I used to get angry with you, you used to make me believe by playing the piano like this. You had made this house on our first anniversary and said that it would be a sweet and lovely paradise. In which, just you and me and our lot of love existed. And today some other people are living in our paradise. Every day, all I can think of is you Aditya. We are separated by these walls, hoping you could hear me too. And as another night goes by without you, I looked upon our sky hoping you could feel me.

Maya walked towards the balcony. Her heart was an ocean of pain. She was a mystery in herself. Her eyes looked the full moon, the moonlight fell on her face and her eyes became tsunami of emotions. She extended her hand in a payment as she was craving.

Maya : Some dreams left to be completed. Some memories remained incomplete. Our love is separated by a storm. All it does is leave me devastated. These strange winds, the way of the floors, these things are called you only Aditya. Come to me Aditya just once. It's so hard to hold a candle in Cold November Rain.

On the Other Hand-

Aditya jerked off from his sleep due to sudden movement of winds. Sitting on the bed, he looked around in confusion. He could not figure out what was happening. He was hearing some voices like somebody was calling his name. The cold gush of wind made him shiver. More than the cold, it was the emptiness that hurt him more. Couldn't say that what he felt at the time was pain. Maya was gone, she was gone, His wife his everything. He was completely alone. He missed Maya, he remembered all those things they did in the past and what happened with them. Tears were flowing from his eyes. The Pain of being separated lives in his soul.

**********************

Lots of love,
Xoxo