It's Just A Joke: 11

I just realized that the song that I'm putting in the youtube link thing is a song that describes Johnny a lot. He's a very odd fellow...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Johnny," I spat. "You know, you basically just proved to me that you are a girl."

He rolled his eyes. "You're easy to follow. You go to the most obvious hiding places. You are obviously not American."

I stuck my tongue out at him childishly. "In my country, there aren't jerks like you!"

"Well," he said and got closer to me. "Americans are always going for the foreigners."

I shoved him back. "Leave me alone! Are all American males horrible jerks like you?"

He shrugged and got close again. "Nah, I'm the worst."

I shoved passed him and turned to face him instead of leaving the bathroom. "I fancy them much more than I fancy you. You're scum to me." I strode confidently out of the bathroom and was almost to Amy's sixth period class when the bell rang.

Standing against the wall and out of traffic, I watched the assortment of hair colors pass me by. Amy's blonde head was nowhere to be seen. Groaning, I slammed my head against the wall behind me. I wanted to get out of the hallway before Johnny came looking for me.

"Waiting for someone?" a curious voice asked. 

I glanced to my left to see someone about my height looking at me questioningly. His hair seemed to be cut in the shape of a bowl and he had dark brown eyes. I swore I had seen him somewhere, but I wasn't sure where.

"Who's asking?" I asked without seeming too interested.

"Charles," he said pleasantly. "And no, you don't know me. What's your name?"

"Quintana," I said bluntly and started looking for Amy again.

"Who're you looking for?" he asked simply.

I shrugged. "My roommate and why are you even here? Being nice to me? Almost everyone here is delinquent and a jerk."

He smiled. "My dad sent me here because it's the best school in the country. It had nothing to do with being a deliquent."

"Huh," I said stupidly.

"Quintana!" I heard Amy squeal and watched her run towards me. I had to fight the smile that wanted to spread across my face. 

"There's my roommate."

"Oh no! Oh god no!" Charles shouted and started to run down the hallway.

I raised an eyebrow and looked over at Amy. She glanced over at Charles's back and a wave of realization washed over her.

"Charles!" she screeched and ran after him. I rolled my eyes and began my walk to the dorm room.

Throwing the backpack to the floor, I looked at the bruises I had gotten today. Nothing major, just some scratches on my arm. Frowning a little, I decided to take a hot bath to try and just relax.

I went into the bathroom and ran the water like Amy had showed me to. Waiting patiently for the water to fill the tub, I washed my make up off my face and pinned my hair up in a bun. Once the bathtub was full of hot water, I undressed.

Slipping into it slowly, I began to relax. Troubles seemed to just drift away. I took the scented soap and began to wash my body. I did it carefully around my bruises, cuts, and scratches, careful not to cause any of the many scabs to come off. If I left them alone, my skin would still be perfect when I returned home and I would be the daughter my father expected me to bed. Hating him was one thing, but living up to the legacy of my family was another. I would be the perfect daughter when I returned home. I wouldn't be late, dress inappropriately, or insist on insulting absolutely everyone. I'd be his angel once again.