It's Just A Joke: 1

This is my first story that I'm posting because it's a lot of fun to write. Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"When a princess is born, she is taught to be a proper young lady. She is thought manners and edict. Most young ladies who are taught these ways grow up to be perfect princesses. But some girls take advantage of the money and the lack of responsibilities. Like me. My name is Quintana Florence and I'm sorry for disrupting class."

I watched as many of the girls in the small class stifled their giggles as I went back to my seat. I let a small smirk slip onto my face as I collapsed loudly into my chair. I propped my feet up on my desk so my large combat boots obstructed my view of the board and the tutor. After a moment, I started to fiddle with my piercings. I adjusted the snake bites so the rubies would shine in the artificial light. I changed my nose ring to a gold post and I messed with my eyebrow piercing before pulling out my bright red phone.

I texted two of the four friends in my "class" of 16 noble children. None of them lived too far away from here, the castle that the king and his family lived in, so they came every morning at eight for lessons from whichever tutor was unfortunate enough to be teaching us. 

We'd gone through eight tutors in the last two months.

My friend Danielle D'Angelo, or DD, texted me back first.

She's the lamest tutor yet.

I stifled a laugh and texted her back.

IKR? Her stupid paragraph is the worst idea ever.

I glanced across the room at my friend Azare. He wasn't paying attention to the tutor, but he didn't have his phone on him. He caught me looking at him and cocked an eyebrow at me. I held my phone up to try and convey that I wanted to know where it was. He shrugged. Meaning he either left it at home or he was getting a new one. Again.

DD texted me back.

Dude. You sounded like you were addressing the whole country.

I was in the middle of sending her a text back when I heard the tutor clearing her throat loudly and angrily. I looked up at her with a bored expression. "Yes?"

"What did I just say, Miss Florence?"

"Hm," I said as I smirked. "That's a tough one, but t was probably something I don't need to know in the first place."

As I spoke, I stood up on top of my desk and fixed my pants before running my nimble fingers through my long red streaked, black hair.

I think I caught the tutor off-guard and used it to my advantage. I started walking from desk to desk, scattering papers and getting annoyed, "Hey!"s from my classmates. When I reached the front of the room, I looked at the tutor who still seemed to be in shock and I smiled. Jumping to her desk, I landed on her expensive laptop and I heard a crack that told me it probably wouldn't turn on next time she opened it. Her eyes had widened and I kicked it to the floor along with whatever was on her desk.

She fainted.

DD and Azare stood from their seats and started cheering while my two other friends stared at me in shock. I grinned and gave an extravagant bow as I jumped off of the desk.

The other eleven nobles seemed to have mixed emotions. Sure, this tutor was the worst so far, but that didn’t mean they approved of how I behaved about it and treated her.

Mary Jane, one of my oldest and best friends, stood up. “You made her faint! She’s going to quit if I know tutors like I know I do.”

I grinned. That was why I loved Mary Jane. She was a brilliant improv actress and she knew tutors and their antics like the back of her hand. I forced a laugh. “Come on, Mary Jane! Lighten up! This is the 21st century, not the medieval times! We don’t need to learn all these formalities. We just need the facts.”

Azare laughed. His sounded much more believable than mine probably did. Mary Jane was glaring at me. “Chivalry may be dead, but the teacher’s pet is still a dominant species.”

DD and I laughed. Azare was better at this sort of thing than I was.

Mary Jane glared at him before crossing her arms and glaring at the floor.

Carney Adams, the last of my group, spoke up to defend Mary Jane. “Just because you don’t practice chivalry, or math for that matter, doesn’t mean it has ceased to exist.”

I rolled my eyes and tried not to laugh at his comment. It wouldn’t fit the moment. I glanced at the clock and noticed that it was noon. “We’re done here anyway,” I said and climbed back onto the tutor’s desk. “Class is over people! Go take your limos back to your drafty, old castles!”

Everyone except for Azare, DD, Mary Jane, Carney, and myself left the room. 

DD was poking the tutor. “She’s out like a light,” she said cheerfully. “Your dad’s going to be pissed, Princess Quintana.”

“Good,” I said and let out a relieved sigh. Now that I didn’t have all those nobles staring at me, I could be myself. “There’s a banquet tonight. I expect you all to be there. DD, Azare, dress in jeans and ripped shirts. Mary Jane, Carney, dress appropriately.”

I watched as they all grinned at the thought of a banquet. I didn’t usually invite them because I wanted to be the only one getting in trouble when I arrived in skinny jeans and shirts that were either ripped or promoted bands whose music was not favored by my father. I didn’t want to bring them all down with me.

“Yes!” Azare and DD grinned and high-fived each other. 

Mary Jane’s lips were pursed. 

“What’s the banquet for?” she asked.

I smiled. “Today’s June 14th. It’s my birthday, remember? I'm turning fifteen.”

“Wait!” Carney called after me as I began to leave the room. “What time?”

I grinned. “The banquet starts at 6. I want you guys at my room by 5:30 so we can figure out how to piss my dad off.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trust me. This is a long chapter for me. I need to be able to write more... 

I know there aren't any real thoughts or emotions. Those are going to be present in the next chapters. I thought if I included how Quintana (the main character of course) felt about what she was doing and what she was thinking about, then it would kind of give too much away about her.