It's Just A Joke: 2

I'm in a writing mood so I'm adding to this story instead of posting another story.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was staring at the ceiling as the clock struck three. I'd been in my room for about two and a half hours now. It was my birthday. I was supposed to be having fun. Maybe have a party if I was normal. But no, I wasn't normal. I was a princess and my dad was a king. A king who didn't pay me any attention.

He didn't have time to pay any attention to me anyway. He was always with Justin...

Justin. The heir to the castle. My father's son. My older brother. But most of all, the biggest jerk ever. He had stolen my own father from me. There were so many times I wished my father would be there to help me or watch me succeed but he wasn't because Justin wanted him to himself.

Like when I was five and one of the servants was teaching me to ride a bike in the foyer. I crashed into a vase that shattered and cut me. I sat there crying for about an hour because I wanted my dad to come and comfort me. Instead, I had to settle for the servants. 

I sat up and tried to go over what I planned to do at the banquet so that way my dad would notice me for once. I had to plan this stupid banquet for my birthday by myself and give my own father an invitation. When I had handed it to him, his only reaction was, "Oh. Your birthday's coming up. That's nice."

I hated that man so much that I often wondered why I wanted his affection so bad. I sighed. This was one of those times. Getting off my bed, I decided that I wanted his attention because he refused to give it to me. I was striving for it.

And I was going to get what I wanted.

I walked from the bed to the balcony that overlooked the castle garden and sighed at the sight of it. The flowers were in full bloom and were absolutely gorgeous. I smiled. They were always perfect on my birthday. 

At least they cared.

I sat down on the chair that stayed on the balcony and waited for the banquet to come.

I must've fallen asleep because I woke up to Mary Jane shaking me gently and Azare complaining about how I never invited him to banquets. I heard DD remind him that it wasn't just him, it was all of them that I refused to invite.

Mary Jane smiled when I opened my eyes. "Happy birthday, Quintana!" she giggled. I smiled at her. 

"Thanks," I said and hugged her tightly. Her long brown hair reached her mid-back and it smelled like lavender. Over her shoulder, I could see the blond haired Carney grinning at me. He looked absolutely stunning in his attire. He was wearing a pea coat and black slacks. After Mary Jane released me from her hug, I looked him over one last time. He looked perfect. 

"Carney, you're safe. I don't need any last minute wardrobe changes with you."

He gave me a dazzling smile and did a bow that ended with him on one knee and staring at the ground. "Of course, Princess. I aim to please."

I let out a satisfied giggle at his response. "Good. Because I have some very important roles for you all tonight. But before I tell you about those, I need to check everyone and make sure you are dressed according to my instructions. You can get off the floor now, Carney."

He stood and had an amused grin on his face. I rolled my eyes slightly and looked at Azare carefully. His pants weren't right, his shoes were dressy and his shirt wasn't quite what I wanted from him. Sighing, I snapped my fingers and Mary Jane opened my large closet.