It's Just A Joke: 5

I'm writing this story like crazy. It cures my boredom in school so it keeps getting written.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giving Amy a few minutes to squeal in utter joy, I finished unpacking. I found the small bathroom with the double sink. Amy's make up was everywhere, but her toothbrush and the likes were around one sink. I shoved most of the beauty products towards her sink and started setting my own toiletries down around the now bear sink.

I smiled a little when I was done and then frowned deeply. Amy had stopped squealing like an angry pig. "Thank god," I muttered and walked back into the actual room.

"Sorry," she said once she came into view. She smiled sheepishly and her cheeks turned bright pink, obviously embarrassed though I wasn't sure whether it was because of her squealing or the fact that she was squealing over my brother.

"It's alright," I sighed. "Just tell me about the school. Starting with daily schedules of course then going into the gossip." I forced a smile. Her giggling about Justin had upset me. It just proved he was better than me, something I absolutely hated.

She laughed and didn't seem to notice how uncomfortable I was. "Alright. It's summer so we have study hall everyday, but we still go to homeroom first. We aren't allowed to be in the halls without a pass or our parents are called and we'll get detention, which sucks. Got it once and wanted to die it sucked so bad." She let out a huge breath and sat down on her bed. I sat when she gestured for me to sit across from her on my bed. 

"Anyway," she continued. "study hall is basically a bunch of spoiled kids on computers or in groups socializing quietly. I read most of the time, but now that you're here I'll have someone to talk to!"

"Why are you usually alone?" I asked quietly.

She shrugged, but didn't seem upset by the question at all. "Most rich girls are goody goodies, so they don't usually get in trouble and even if they do get in trouble, most rich girls aren't rich enough to come here. Class sizes here are like itty bitty compared to a normal delinquent schools. There's like one hundred kids here total. I mean, there's like so few of us, but the school is so huge! That's why there's so many empty dorm rooms. After school starts up again, like the actual classes, a bunch of the old kids will come because there's only like half of us that don't go home over the summer, so there will be a total of two hundred kids here. There's fifty staff members, half are teachers, there's the principal, secretary, vice principal, dean of classes, dean of discipline, and the rest are security guards."

"Dang. That's like insane. Twenty-five teachers for two hundred kids? That's like eight kids per teacher."

She nodded at me. "Yeah. Which means it's really hard to get away with stuff. Trust me." She giggled and laid down to stare at the ceiling. "Okay. Now the gossip! The fun stuff! Alright. So there's this one girl, biggest jerk ever! Her name's Jennifer Downs. Avoid her. She's supposedly slept with everyone! And she's a senior! We're sophomores. Oh and the major hottie is Johnny."

"Johnathon Harper, right?"

She just stared at me. "How'd you know that?"

I shrugged. "Lucky guess. Princesses get them sometimes."

She rolled her eyes. "Uh huh. Sure. I bet you met him in the hall on your way here. Isn't he cute?"

She was grinning. I decided that I hated her grin. It was mocking me at the moment. "He's alright," I managed without a blush or any hint of a smile. I had been taught how to hide my feelings very well. It was the curriculum for a princess. "I've seen better."

Scoffing, she stared at me. "Oh really? Apart from your brother, who?"

"Carney Adams," I said without thinking and then I did blush. "I mean... Yeah. Carney Adams. Google him. I dare ya."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love this story. So much.

Please leave a comment if you like it or hate it. Tell me what you think.