05 | destiny

Since it had been one week since high school started, all the first-years were supposed to attend the special assembly being conducted by the school.

It was nothing special, just teachers and other important staff giving speeches making every student groan in boredom.

Well, at least the assembly hall had an air conditioner. 

The summer season was too hot for them.

Teachers led their class in a proper line to the assembly hall.

First came Oikawa's class which was Class A.

The brunette walked behind Iwaizumi smiling at the line beside him.

Slowly the next classes filled in the empty assembly hall and soon came the turn of Class D.

"Makki and Mattsun's class is next," Oikawa whispered to his best friend who nodded at him. He kept on looking at the entrance to find his friends only to find someone else...

'[Name]-chan?!' His eyes widened in surprise as he saw the girl humming at what the ravenette beside you had said.

And to his surprise, his two friends were also laughing along with him.

"Iwa-chan, they both betrayed me..." Oikawa whined making his friend hit him on the back of his head.

"Shut up," The boy glared at his friend, "Assembly is about to start."

Then began the most boring hours of his life.

One by one teachers came in front of the microphone and gave long lengthy speeches that no one bothered to pay attention to.

"This whole thing was torture," Oikawa said pushing his brown hair back.

Iwaizumi couldn't help but agree with the brunette's statement.

What was so exciting about people babbling their mouths off till they ran out of saliva without a care about what others thought?

"You know her?" Oikawa asked pointing a finger at them with an accusing look in his eyes.

"We didn't tell you this, did we?" Mattsun flexed as he held his phone in the air only for it to be snatched by the popular brunette.

"We are not only in her class but also her close friends,"

"What?!" Oikawa screeched rather annoyingly.

He kept on looking at the girl's picture on the phone. Of course, there were also his two friends and an unknown girl in the picture but all he could focus on was the girl.