7. Pandemic

Two months have passed since Cairo's accident.

He is back in full health and is teaching at school.

Boy, recently he has been really busy to do anything else aside from work.

I need to go out and have a life soon! he thought as he arrived home after work.

After changing his clothes, he sat on the couch.

He called up Lyra.

"Hey Ly, how are you?"

"I'm fine. How about you? Are you really okay now?" asked Lyra from the other line.

"Yep, I'm good. You know what, let's meet up one of these days, I need to get a life, haha."

"Haha, it's just Monday and you're looking for a break already," came her teasing voice. "Sure thing! I know how hardworking you are so you must badly need it."

Cairo rolled his eyes at her.

"And don't you roll your eyes at me, I can see you doing it right now, Cairo De Dios!" Lyra laughed.

"How'd you know?! Haha!" Cairo laughed as well.

"Well I know you too well, Cai," she chuckled.

"And I can see you winking at me now too!" Cairo challenged her.

"Well I guess you know me that good too," Lyra chuckled on.

"Haha. So anyway, meet you this weekend?" Cairo asked.

"Yeah sure. What day?"

"Sunday? I'll just finish all the work by Sat. And I can come with you for mass on Sun," Cairo replied.

"Okay, Sunday then! See you!"

"See you, Ly! Thanks. Bye," Cairo hung up the phone.

He then turned on the TV.

The news of a new disease abroad NCoV has startled the world and has been going on for months.

"Today, there is already a confirmed case of NCoV in the country..."

"Oh no," Cairo thought as he watched.