12. Module Distribution

Who would have thought that the lockdown would spawn into months?

The summer vacation extended from two months into four due to the pandemic.

The Department of Education (DepEd) came up with the solution of continuing the classes online and through modules at home instead of face-to-face in the classroom.

Preparing for the "new" incoming school year was no easy task.

It seemed like everything was reset for all teachers, old and new alike, because all were going to learn and adapt how to teach online.

And for the public schools, the preparation and distribution of modules was a new, challenging task as well.

The making of modules was done per municipality, still following the national learning competencies set by the DepEd.

For their school's math department, Cairo and his coteachers divided the work among assigned topics for the content of the math modules for Grade 11.

After a month of preparation, they were ready to print it out amd staple the papers into booklets inside their school during the summer vacation.

Then came the hard part: the module distribution.

The students' parents and guardians came to school to pick up the modules for their children.

But there were some who were not able to.

Since the start of the school year was fast approaching, the teachers now instead distributed the unclaimed modules into drop-off points in their city.

Then later on, Cairo and his coteachers had no choice but to deliver the still unclaimed modules into the homes of some of their students. They followed the minimum health standards properly. It was a lot more challenging because the days were hot and they had to go to homes wearing face masks and face shields.