9. Missing Her

Cairo called up Lyra to check up on her.

"How are you Ly? There's a lockdown this Sat," Cairo grimaced.

"I'm fine, how about you?"

"I'm also good. About our meeting this weekend... uh, I'll see and call you if we can meet this week before Sat...it's just that we're required to give activities online and I might be busy with that...I'm new to this online stuff, hehe. But I'll try...I'll try to meet you before this lockdown," Cairo explained.

"No worries, Cai," Lyra answered. "Same here, that's what our school's doing too, I might be busy as well..."

"Aw, I wish we can meet before the lockdown--are you sure you'll be fine? With you living alone in your dorm? Why don't you go home to your fam already this week?" worry tracing into Cairo's voice.

"I'm okay. The lockdown's too soon--I can't buy a ticket to Palawan and travel that right away, haha. Especially with moving all the school work online too. Better stay here to finish the rest of the school year, especially here where there's stronger internet connection," Lyra chuckled.

"Okay. Just call me if you'll need anything."

"Thanks, Cai," Lyra smiled. "Keep safe."

"You keep safe also. Take care. Bye, Ly."

"Bye Cai."

Cairo hung up the phone. He was reassured that Lyra would be fine although he couldn't help to worry a bit for her. She'll be all alone during the lockdown with her family far away.

It really seems she's used to it, he thought.

It seemed that he wouldn't be able to see her this week. He sighed.

Somehow, he was starting to miss her.