10

"What happened to you after we broke up?"

Bill raised an eyebrow and scoffed at the question. "Seriously? Our break up did not effect me at all." He said and looked at Stan, crossing his arms.

Stan stared at him and sighed. "Really? You're not the same Bill I remember dating."

Bill laughed a little and pinched his nose to calm himself as he let out a sigh. "That was years agk okay? You can't just ask me 'what happened' for me to be like this. It's like you're criticizing me for being me."

"But you're not you! That's what I'm getting at Bill. Look at yourself, that's not Bill." Stan said sadly.

That was enough for Bill to lose it. "People can change Stan! Just because I'm not the 'same' person you dated, does not mean there is something wrong with me." His head throbbed causing him to wince at how loud he was. He massaged his temples a little and let out another sigh.

Stan stood there, not knowing what to say because to him, this was not Bill, at all. Something had to have happened for him to change so much and he just wanted to understand the other boy better. He wanted to clear everything from their past and move on because deep down, he still loves Bill, and he hoped Bill still loves him.

"I'm just confused is all Bill." Stan started softly, "I just wanna know why you changed so much. I mean- you have to understand, when I first saw you at the park, it was a shocker. I did not, could not, believe it was you."

Bill just stared at Stan. "I found who I am Stan, that's what happened."

Stan sighed and rubbed his face. "But what happened! I mean something had to Bill. Not just your appearance, but what you do. You're what? A nude model? That's not what you wanted to be, and it's not what I expected you to become."

"A lot of things happened that I didn't want to. I didn't expect to fall in love with my roommate from camp. I didn't expect my dad to come back when he did. I didn't want my little brother to go missing, for months. I didn't expect him to come back. I didn't expect to ever have to go to therapy. I did not expect I'd ever have persistent depression. I didn't expect this is who I'd be but I'm finally, finally! Comfortable with myself and I'm moving on and getting better."

Stan bit his lip hard, he didn't think one question would get so much out of Bill. "I'm glad you're comfortable with yourself Bill, but how-"

Bill interrupted the other boy with a laugh. "Oh my god! Enough Stan, okay?" He said and looked at him.

"I like who I am now Stan, and if you can't accept that, you should go."

~~~~
Stan walked into his dorm room and looked at Richie with a sad look on his face.

Richie looked at the door when he heard it open and raised an eyebrow as he saw his roommate. "What happened to you? Don't tell me Bill did something again- I'll kick his ass." He said as he got off his bed.

Stan sighed and shook his head. "No no he didn't do anything." He mumbled quietly and flopped onto his bed. "I did something actually this time, I guess."

Richie raised an eyebrow. "You guess? May you please elaborate my kind sir." He said softly, trying to ease the tension that was radiating from Stan.

"I asked Bill what happened to him after we broke up- because he's way different right? I just wanted to know and he got mad at me." He mumbled and set up as he looked at his roommate.

Richie stared at Stan and put a hand up as he shook his head. "Wait? You did what? Dude-" he paused to let out a sigh. "Normally I take your side since Bill has been a big douchebag, but seriously?"

Stan furrowed his eyebrows and pouted a little. "I don't understand what I said wrong! I just want to know, don't you get that?"

Richie laughed and rolled his eyes a little. "I do get that but you went about that all wrong. You're making it seem like there's something wrong with the kid. Sure he's different then what you know him, but that's okay. As long as he didn't turn into a murderer or an even bigger douchebag, he's fine."

Richie ruffled his friends hair and smiled at him. "You might not find yourself wanting to be in a relationship with Bill now, but you can't change him back to how he was because that was not it- why would you even want to? He broke your heart multiple times dude."

Stan pushed Richies hand away and rolled his eyes as he fixed his hair. He bit his lip as he thought about what Richie said. "I guess you're right-" he shivered a little at just saying Richie was right. "God don't ever let me say that again."

Richie gasped and out a hand over his heart dramatically. "Rude- I'm usually right, ask eds." He said with a grin.

"Yeah yeah- whatever. Say, when are you gonna propose?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

The other boy sat down across from Stan on his bed and shrugged. "Not sure yet. I wanna make sure it's the right time you know? I know he's getting anxious but- I wanna impress him."

Stan laughed softly and nodded. "Oh I get it. No matter what Rich, he's gonna be happy so just propose when you're ready."

_______________
I wanted to make this chapter good so that's why it took a bit to upload but here it is!