ii

lowercase intended

the brown haired girl was panting. after she ran away from that room, she found herself sitting in a cafeteria table, sipping a lukewarm tea to calm herself.

she was embarrassed— no, she was more than ashamed of what she did. she didn't know who those people are, nor why they all seem intimidating and scary, but she was sure of one thing, she never want to cross paths with any of them.

she was startled when a girl sat in front of her, sharing the same table. it was her seatmate, the one with the dark red eyes.

"i'm sorry y/n-san but the other tables are occupied"

the stranger gave her a smile, and she radiates no harm from it. but still, she was uncomfortable since she didn't know how to respond. she still hasn't recovered from what she just did.

"it's okay"

the red eyed girl didn't spare her a glance though, which adds up to her anxiety. she scolded herself for being always nervous and awkward with people.

with a shaky hands, she lift her cup to her lips for a sip. she was worried that the girl in front of her would notice her uneasiness so she clasped her hands together under the table.

"are you alright y/n san?"

"yeah uh..."

"oh, i'm yumeko jabami. you can call me yumeko. i also transferred here just months ago"

she plastered a small smile in response. she wasn't sure if she wants to have a conversation with yumeko but she wants to make friends. sadly, she isn't in her right mind for a long talk, not when her thoughts were filled with what happened a while ago.

"you sure don't talk a lot, y/n san"

"ah i'm sorry, i was just thinking about something"

"it's alright, that was very rude of me"

"no, not at all. i just happened to ran into students in a room beside the garden"

she saw how yumeko's eyes lit. she was weirded out but never paid much attention to it. she was now in a place where bunch of weirdos exist.

"i think you just met the student council. they are the top gamblers in this academy if i must say. i've always dreamed of gambling with the president but it's hard to get in touch with her"

y/n was surprised, she never thought that they were the student council. she didn't care about how badly yumeko wanted to gamble with the president, but again, her thoughts were filled with things of what might happen to her, after kicking and interfering with their meeting.

"yumeko! i told you to find us a table, not just for yourself"

a girl with a blonde pigtails came, she glanced at yumeko before looking at the girl she was talking to. she had a very annoyed face but y/n could tell that she was pretty.

"what are you looking at?"

y/n was shocked, she was never addressed like that before. in fact, the blonde was the first one to stare at her, as if she was judging her soul. n/n muttered an audible sorry before sipping on her tea.

"mary san, don't talk to her like that. there's no table left for us. y/n san, is it okay if my friends joined us?"

"it's fine, i'm about to leave too"

"really? thank you y/n san"

the brown haired girl finished her tea in a minute before excusing herself. she went for the restroom and was quite amused when she saw no one, just an empty place.

she scanned herself through the mirror, brushing her brown locks with her fingers. She washed her face before taking out a clean towel to dry it.

now that she was alone, she couldn't help but to think about the girl she saw with the looped braids. she seems very familiar, her blue eyes made y/n think that she already met her before.

her head throbbed from the thought, as if telling her to not think too much about it. she tried to not dig deeper into it as she felt the veins on her temples beating so hard it almost made her vomit.

within a second, she found her hands shaking too much from anxiety. her heart was aching so much, she didn't know why and her breathing hitched before she fell on the ground.

"i'll be back! promise me you'll stay here okay?"

"no, please don't leave me"

"i promise i'll come back, trust me"

she cried for help, yet she remained unheard.

---

italicized words (words) are fragments from y/n's past memories you can also consider them as flashbacks.