vii

lowercase intended

it's been a day since the vice president asked y/n to be her assistant. she starts her morning by bringing an informational book on her first class. she reads through the pages thoroughly, memorizing each lines as if her life depends on it.

yumeko lended her the notes that she missed and she's really thankful for her. she thought about what the vice president told her all night and by the time the sun peeked through the mountains, she decided she'll be her assistant.

she also thinks that she'll be untouchable if she'll have a connection with the vice president. yes, she decided for her own good. when their professor left, yumeko invited her to study in the school's library together mary.

they decided to seat at the left corner of the room so they can at least make small talks without the librarian noticing.

"do you think it's unfair for the students in A to not accept any gambling challenges?"

"yumeko, you know they don't even approve the idea of switching classes"

y/n listened to mary and yumeko while lowkey reading her notes. she have to pass the test.

"what do you think y/n-san? it's unfair right?"

"um i guess. i wouldn't involve myself in gambling but i think it's quite unfair"

yumeko beamed a smile, contented that a person agrees with her. however, y/n's focus is now on the book on her hand. she's determined to pass the midterms so she can switch to a more respected class.

not that she thinks that her current isn't respectable, however, students seem to look up to those who are in a higher class, except from mary.

y/n likes to think that mary doesn't give a thing about anything or maybe she just doesn't like the idea of seeing the president often. sure, y/n thinks that the yellow haired is a big bully but the social standards doesn't affect her.

she shrugs her thoughts and proceeds to reading her notes. but she can't help but to steal a glance at yumeko, and when she did, she can't help but notice her determination. she thinks that she's just like her. yumeko once mentioned to her that she would like to gamble with the president.

and maybe that was a reason to why she thinks they're alike. not because she wants to gamble with the president too but they both have a reason to switch classes.

---
when they finished an hour, they decided to go back. mary and yumeko invited y/n to the cafeteria but she kindly turned them down and said that she's still full so she went ahead of them.

however, y/n's mind change when she remembered the big tree at the garden.

"it wouldn't hurt to skip a class" she mumbled to herself.

so she went to the garden for quietness. plus, her notes in biology ate her curiosity and she'd like to read more interesting facts about life.

she sat on the grass under a tree— she doesn't feel like sitting on a bench. she heaved a deep sigh when she leaned her back on the tree, quite feeling the warm breeze on her face.

"what are you doing?"

y/n opened her eyes to be met with the familiar mask. she propped herself up awkwardly, internally scolding herself for being clumsy whenever a student council's around.

"just reading, i uh-"

"do you need help?"

"i don't know"

she's startled when the vice president sat down beside her. the silver haired is obviously looking at the sky and y/n, for the second time, couldn't help herself but to stare at her side profile, even with the mask on.

"you should study"

y/n blushed when she realized that the girl caught her staring. she cleared her throat before opening her notes.

"vice president, i don't think i can focus if someone's accompanying me"

"oh? but you were just with jabami and saotome in the library"

y/n bit her lip, hoping she didn't just expose herself like that. but she wasn't thinking, and she hates herself for putting herself in such situation. now she doesn't know what to say.

she was startled again when the vice president stood up, fixing the creases on her skirt in the process.

"i'm sorry vice president, i didn't mean to come off like that"

the silver haired girl turn to face her.

"i'm not leaving because of that"

she walked away, leaving y/n dying in embarrassment. how dare she assumed that the vice president was leaving because of what she said?

she just decided to leave the place too because she can't stay any longer or she wouldn't really be able to focus on whatever she's reading.