v

lowercase intended

y/n found herself sitting on a cold stone bench in the garden. she decided to not return to her classes until the vice president's words sink in.

that wasn't a request? then what is she suppose to do now? people in the academy sure love to give her headaches. she folded her arms and bit the tip of her thumb.

"i see you're skipping class y/n-san"

"yumeko... what are you doing here?"

the red-eyed girl laughed before pointing the room near them, the student council's office. y/n was confused, she thought about yumeko being a member of the council, it's not impossible.

"i went to talk with the president during the break but she dismissed me right away. it's depressing"

y/n sighed in relief, she would've been freaked out if yumeko turned out to be one of them. though she was curious to why she wanted to speak with the president, she saved her thoughts to herself.

y/n assumed that yumeko is waiting for her since she remained as her company. She doesn't want to go back yet, she still have to think about her conversation with the vice president. if she can even call that a conversation.

"aren't you going back?"

"later, i'm waiting for mary-san"

the brown haired girl could only nod in response.  she felt like she was about to pry if she asked more questions. they both waited for like five minutes before they heard footsteps. they saw mary and the vice president coming out of the office.

"there she is, i'll go ahead y/n-san"

the brown haired girl replied with an audible 'alright'. her eyes never left the vice president. once yumeko and mary were out of her sight, she ran towards the masked girl.

she stood in front of her, trying to analyze what her face looks like beneath the mask.  is she smiling? or is she throwing dagger looks at her? y/n doesn't know and she knows that she'll never figure out. but she wants to make something clear.

"can i talk to you?"

"follow me"

the silver haired girl's robotic voice made y/n shiver but she still followed her inside the office. she didn't see anyone, so her fear of meeting the other members of student council subsided. the vice president motioned her to sit on the couch so they would face each other.

"the other members are in their classes and the president just left for a meeting. we can talk privately here"

"let me get this straight vice president, what exactly do you want me to do?"

silence engulfed the room, y/n couldn't read the girl in front of her so she tried to relax herself, incase the vice president is observing her though she couldn't really tell where the latter was looking.

"you just have to stay with me all the time, until this school year ends"

the way the silver haired girl said it lightly as if it wasn't that of a big deal, made y/n think of what yumeko told her.

be careful around the vice president

"all the time? how about my classes? i can't possibly spend all my time trying to be your assistant"

"second year class a, that is the only way. you may leave"

the brown haired girl huffed in disbelief. what could she possibly mean with that? does the vice president want her to check the building? y/n didn't say anything else as she decided to leave.

she went back to her class after all the commotion. luckily, their art professor is not going to attend their class for some reason. she made it as her chance to sleep again. but after some time, she felt someone poking her arm.

"y/n-san, aren't you going to prepare for the midterm? it's next week"

"who cares about it?"

it's funny how she acted like she care about her grades when she was with the vice president just a while ago, saying she needs time to attend her classes.

"but don't you want to be in the same class with the president?"

she doesn't, never in her life she can survive being near the president. y/n was about to answer when a blonde pulled a chair to face them, mary, the one in pigtails.

"you're the only one who's obsessed with her, stop trying to drag y/n with you"

"i see you still hold a grudge against her mary-san"

y/n watched the two of them bicker. although she is confused, she had an idea of what the vice president told her in the office.

"yumeko, do you mean that if i could pass the midterm, i would be able to switch classes?"

"no you don't just have to pass, you need get high marks to defeat atleast one of the students of the higher section though you can also try gambling with them to switch classes"

y/n sighed, she isn't a gambler, let alone a genius. she was just a mere student, trying to get right amount of sleep.

"but the thing is, these arrogant class a's doesn't gamble with just anybody. so the midterms and finals are the only chance to outshine them"

the brown haired girl looked over mary. her face was very different from the first time she saw her. she doesn't look mad or something right now.

"yes, mary-san is right. it's a shame i transferred here just right after the first midterm. so i'm giving my all to be in the same class with the president"

it took a while before the vice president's words sink to her. the silver haired girl wanted her to be in the same class with her, second year class a.

after the realization, she dashed off to the student council's office. she stumbled upon students on her way but she was to eager to ask the masked girl a question.

with all the thoughts running through her head, she barged in once again in the office without knocking, fortunately, there was no one around, not even the person she's looking for.

ahe composed herself before leaving the place, but then a certain woman in the garden caught her attention, the vice president. She approached her slowly, trying to calm her breathing.

she stopped after coming face to face with her, a platinum mask as a barrier between them. with a shaky breathing and cold hands, she swallowed all her nervousness, as she utter the words.

"why me?"