vi

lowercase intended

it was a rainy afternoon in itoshima, fukuoka, 17th of may, 2006. two fourteen years old girls were impatiently waiting for the 4pm train, their uniforms were drenched as they both tried to still their umbrellas from the strong breeze.

"we look like stinky ducks here"

y/n laughed at her best friend's remark. she didn't deny it though. they truly look like some homeless duck and the brown haired girl could only agree.

"what time is it y/n?"

"3:43, why?"

"i'm hungry, when will the train come?"

her voice was filled with annoyance, which made y/n giggle. she searched for something in her bag, smiling while shaking her head, thinking that the silver haired girl was kind of cute.

"you should've told me earlier. do you want a cold sandwich?"

"yeah, i'll eat whatever you'll give me"

y/n gave her a small paper bag that contains the food. the latter then smiled as she received it, satisfied with the cheese sandwich that would fill her tummy. the brown haired girl gave her a bottle of peach juice, making her best friend happier than she was before.

the two of them were the only one that were waiting. most of the people have called their rides or called some cabs. they thought of calling one too but there were only ten minutes left before the train arrives, and they didn't want to spend too much cash for a ride home.

after the silver haired girl finished her food, she crumpled the paper and put it in her bag and she kept the juice in her hand.

"thanks for the food, but you should've packed two sandwiches"

"you should always keep snacks on your bag, dummy"

they started making jokes and made each other laugh. although both of them wanted to get home as soon as possible, they also didn't want their laughter to come to an end.

they were too distracted by their own happiness that they didn't notice the two men that approached them. it happened too fast, they found themselves being pulled into a car. they tried to scream but the guys were fast to lock them up in a car.

"why did you take her?!"

a man in the driver's seat pointed at y/n. The girls were kicking and punching everything but the guys were too strong that they managed to tie their hands and stuffed their mouths.

"she's with her! what if she called for help?!"

"but boss said to kidnap the one with the light hair, he didn't say to get her too!"

"let's just think about it later, we can do whatever we want with her"

both of the girls were scared, they were crying, their faces were turning red, their voices were muffled, everything was too overwhelming. they were just laughing a while ago, they'd never imagine themselves being caught up in a situation.

"ms. akahi! please wake up!"

y/n opened her eyes, surprised to see a worried woman. she scanned the place before knowing that she's in the school's clinic. she's breathing heavily, and it took her a while to realize that she's crying, what a nightmare.

she wiped her tears with her hands harshly, scared of the memories that just flashed back. she's so scared that the past will start to hunt her more, she buried her face in her hands as she cried.

"you were having a nightmare, i'll get you some water"

y/n nodded as she tried to calm herself. she cracks her fingers while the nurse is gone. as soon as she came back, she made y/n drink the water.

"a boy brought you here, he said you passed out on the garden"

"was he by himself?"

"yes, though i suggest you to rest more. call me if you need me okay? i'll be at my desk"

y/n laid her back on the bed. she checked the time and found out that it was already two in the afternoon. she asked herself how long she slept but she heard footsteps coming towards her.

"vice president..."

"earlier, you asked me why i want you to be my assistant"

the brown haired girl nodded, her eyes are still red and puffy from crying. but she couldn't remember what happened to her after that question.

"but you suddenly passed out"

"i was just curious, i mean you could choose someone else"

her voice was hoarse and she really did her best to speak. the silver haired girl stood there, as if thinking of what's best to say. beneath the mask is a worried face, nervous woman who wants to voice out her thoughts.

"i want you to remember someone"

she whispered, making it almost audible without the robotic voice effect.

"i'm sorry what?"

"pass the midterm and be my assistant"

---

it's so cold, keep yourselves warm! :)