𝘰𝘯𝘦

Where the hell am I?

I wake up on the floor of a small, open floor plan apartment, tangled in a knitted dark green blanket.

Covering my exposed lower half with the blanket, I stand, taking in my surroundings.

I note the cluttered desk and countertops, the books scattered around the place, and the deep wooden tones of the apartment that seemed to be more a large room than an entire place of living.

The coziness radiating off of the space caused me not to mind much, it felt like a little cottage an old grandma would seek out.

A revelation in my mind caused me to widen my eyes- Whose place is this?

That's when I turn around to see a girl, snoring lightly huddled in a large down comforter, her hair splayed across her face and her pillow.

Thank god she's still asleep.

Oh yeah.

Last night I was out, a lot on my mind, and lost in thought I hadn't even realized it began to downpour. It happened so suddenly, one minute it was sunny and the next, clouds and fog had crept it. Losing strength, I transformed, and with a final burst of strength, I managed to knock a box over my shaking body and sheltered myself from the cold wet outside.

I remember her soft hands wrapping around me and struggling against her arms, before glancing up to her eyes, eyes that held nothing but pity, worry, and genuine kindness. I didn't have it in me to fight against those eyes.

She moved a bit, her snoring ceasing and I held my breath, knowing waking up to a naked stranger in her house would seem extremely suspicious, and she would call the cops on an account of me being a pervert.

I knew you were the one who had saved me last night, out in the rain- God, I hate the rain- and as much as it infuriated me to be perceived as weak and helpless, especially to someone new, I could tell it was because you thought I was a cat, and I mean, fair enough. But I knew I had to get out of there as fast as possible regardless. Opening the first door I found, I saw a small bathroom. Closing that one, I opened one closer to the kitchen to see steps leading down to another door. Taking this for the exit, I cast one final glance towards the still sleeping girl, silently thanking her, and started down the steps, closing the door after me.

 Taking this for the exit, I cast one final glance towards the still sleeping girl, silently thanking her, and started down the steps, closing the door after me