𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

𝗶𝗱𝗸 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝘂𝘁 𝘆'𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝗲 𝗽𝘂𝗺𝗽 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝘂𝗴 𝘆'𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝘂𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁

𝗔𝗟𝗠𝗢𝗦𝗧 𝟯𝟬 𝗩𝗢𝗧𝗘𝗦 𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗡 𝗜 𝗔𝗦𝗞𝗘𝗗 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝟭𝟱!!???? 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗪𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝟮𝟬 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗦 𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗬 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗠 𝟲𝗸? 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻𝘀 𝗶𝘁 𝗺𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗯𝗲 𝗮𝘁 𝟲𝗸 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂. 𝗶 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁. 𝗶 𝗴𝗲𝗻𝘂𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝘂𝘆𝘀.

𝘀𝗼 𝗹𝗲𝘁'𝘀 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗲𝗻𝗷𝗼𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗸 𝗯𝗮𝗯𝗶𝗲𝘀?

𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗯𝗶𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗳𝗹𝘂𝗳𝗳 𝗮𝘀 𝗮 𝗿𝗲𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱 ;)

Tiger had not stopped by for the past week. None of the Sohma's had encountered you either, coincidentally. Kyo stole his glances, his intense, deep eyes so full of an indescribable emotion that it was impossible to not feel the weight of his gaze.

Yuki stayed his usual self, not talking to many people and this now included you. And Shigure had not come to the shop or checked in with you.

Guilt as heavy as bricks weighed down on your chest as you worried ticking off the man from the shop had caused this negative reaction by his family members.

As you washed your hands in the sink in the hallway, you hummed to yourself, turning your body to dry off your hands. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw a flash of orange hair, and frustration taking over you, you ran towards the corner Kyo had slipped around.

He was facing away, hands in his pockets, and walking slowly. You caught up quick, calling out his name when you were about ten feet away.

He turned around, startled.

"Have I done something?" You asked the moment he caught your gaze.

Cheeks dusted a light pink, he replied, "No, we've never even spoken before."

His reply seemed a bit forced, although you had almost never heard his voice before.

Realization of your brashness hit you, and your cheeks matched the shade of his. "It's just you've been staring at me and haven't said anything, so I wanted to clear the air."

Kyo looked a bit confused but more flustered.

When he didn't respond you added, "I'm not sure what I've done to cause your family to hate me so much, but I really want to clear the air."

Kyo sighed as he looked away from you. "It really isn't you, and you haven't done anything."

You look at him with hopeful eyes.

"There's a member of the family who is very controlling. Any Sohma staying away from you is trying to protect you from his reach."

You frowned. "I'm not sure what got lost in translation but I don't need protection."

Kyo looked at you. Like, really looked at you. His eyes gazing into yours as if he was seeing into you.

Your heart sped up in embarrassment from your vulnerable state but you found yourself unable to look away, face heating up so rapidly you could have sworn it was on fire.

And then he smiled. It seemed like a genuine smile from the kindness pouring out of his expression. It was a small smile, close-lipped and gentle but it was enough to convey its emotion.

"You're right. I should have given you more credit."

You sighed, pushing emotion into your eyes as you give him the most sympathetic expression you could muster. In a low voice, you spoke, "If you keep pushing people away because you're scared to hurt them, you'll lose them. That's not a life anyone wants to live."

He took those words and thought on them, an admiring look on his face.

He didn't say anything but nodded and turned around to continue the way he was originally going,

Satisfied with the conversation you smiled to yourself. Thinking to yourself that you might have made a new friend, you continue on your way as well.

 Thinking to yourself that you might have made a new friend, you continue on your way as well

"It's not her fault, you know."

Kyo stood in the doorframe of Yuki's room, face slightly flushed.

"What isn't whose fault?" Yuki looked up from whatever it was he was doing.

"(Your Name). She talked to me in the hall."

"I thought Akito said to stay away from her?"

Kyo looked peeved. "And how long are you going to let Akito dictate your life?"

Yuki said nothing, attempting to read Kyo's expression. His face was hardened, stern yet passionate.

"She claims to not need our protection. She knows the risks and is willing to take them. Taking away that decision from her isn't something we should do."

"I don't know if that's a good idea." Yuki looked concerned.

"Tohru is here, isn't she?"

Yuki thought about it.

"What's your plan? Tohru knows about the curse. I'm not trying to be cold, but any normal person would be freaked out by all this. What's your plan of action when she finds out and freaks, telling people?"

Kyo frowned. He had a feeling you wouldn't do something like that, but Yuki's logic and reasoning couldn't be flawed by something as trivial as a hunch. "She doesn't have to know to be friends with us." Kyo didn't like talking to the rat for long and had said all he needed to. He turned his back to leave before pausing to let one final thought sit.

"You know what she said to me? She said, 'If you keep pushing people away because you're scared to hurt them, you'll lose them.' Take that advice."

Yuki was left with thoughts running through his head as the only sound in the silent room.

𝗨𝗻𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗸 𝗡𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿: 𝟮𝟬 𝘃𝗼𝘁𝗲𝘀