𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙡𝙮...

"Yuki!" As you were on Shigure's side, you couldn't see the face Shigure was making. "I wanted to come to see your school and ran into the young lady who runs the shop I was telling you about yesterday." Because of your position, you missed out on the shrug of Shigure's eyebrows and his wink.

...

"Well, Yuki, off we go." Shigure removed his other hand from you and headed over to the silver-haired boy who looked impatiently at his guardian. The older boy slung an arm around the shorter boy, who looked over his shoulder back at you, mouthing 'sorry about him' to which you silently giggled and mouthed back, 'don't worry about it.'

A few days went by as they usually did, you made no attempt to talk to Yuki as you didn't know where you two stood

A few days went by as they usually did, you made no attempt to talk to Yuki as you didn't know where you two stood. Although he was nice to you he was popular, and just having a nice personality to everyone is something that would make you well liked. Social status-wise, you felt awkward going up to him. If either of you were going to talk, it would be at his discretion.

It was Thursday right after school and you were in the opened shop with Chiyoko leaning on the counter.

When Chiyoko doesn't have after school activities or she's bored she tends to follow you to the store and help out. Although she doesn't do a lot of actual work, she gives you someone to talk to in order to pass the time.

You were shelving and stocking books as Chiyoko vented about her English teacher- a class the two of you didn't share.

"I just don't get it. English is so much different from Japanese and it's such a stupid language. Taking points off for spelling? English people spell weird..."

Chiyoko trailed off as the bell attached to the stores door jingled, indicating there was a customer. She straightened herself from her propped up position on the counter and angled herself so her back wasn't facing the entrance as it just was.

Yuki walked in with a polite smile and lingered for a minute, indicating he didn't want to disturb the two girls.

"Hi, welcome!" You greeted him and gave a reassuring smile. He stepped forward feeling a little less awkward.

"Hey, my guardian, Shigure Sohma- I mean, you've met the man- has a book here and he insisted I pick up a copy. He's so stingy he won't let me borrow his copy or give one for free." Yuki continued to stand in his position.

Rounding the counter you gestured to the aisle Shigure's book was in. "Would you like me to show you where the book is?"

Yuki shuffled his feet. "Yeah that would be great."

You nodded. "Follow me," you said, making your way to the location.

You could hear Yuki's movement behind you indicating he was following and stopping at the section you gestured to the books and stood back allowing him to step forward and pick his poison.