𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙡𝙮...

"Shigure."

"Yes?"

"Where did you get this?"

Shigure pouted like a kid throwing a tantrum. "The right response is, 'Thank you Shigure-san! I am forever indebted to you!'"

Yuki flipped the book, keeping his thumb on the correct page, to the front cover and first page to check for the owner. (Your Name) was written on in the inside cover in sharpie. "Shigure, did you steal this from another student?"

The next day- a Monday, which means you had school- you woke up to your alarm with a groan

The next day- a Monday, which means you had school- you woke up to your alarm with a groan. You had hardly gotten sleep last night due to having to restudy the entirety of the math unit. Thankfully, you had a friend in the class who sent you a picture of the sheet, but, characteristically, she hadn't done any of the problems, claiming she would save them for 3 am, the time she was most active.

So you had stayed up rather late, thankfully remembering how to do most of them, but seeing as you had procrastinated the rest of the work due the next day back at school after the weekend, that wasn't the only thing you had to do.

Getting ready for school like always, you slipped on the uniform and after following your usual routine, grabbed the Poptart that just popped up and grabbed your bag, hurrying down the stairs and making sure to lock the door behind you.

You began the short walk to school, looking around at the familiar scenery. Your phone rang, causing you to put the warm Poptart in your mouth to free yourself a hand to dig through your bag with.

"Hello?" You answered, not bothering to check the number.

"(Last Name)! How did you sleep last night? Sorry I didn't have any of the problems done, I hope it didn't cause too much of an issue."

Swinging your bag back onto your back. You took the breakfast out of your mouth and greeted your friend, Chiyoko. "Hey! It wasn't too bad, getting out of bed this morning was the real issue." You heard light laughing come through the other end of the phone and took a bite out of the treat in your hand.

"What are you going to do about your lost book?"

You sighed, "I'm just going to have to ask the professor for a new one or spend the rest of the year asking for pictures from yours. I can do the work on a separate piece of paper. I'm sure he'll understand." You stopped walking for a second, realizing. "You know, now that I think about it, will he even believe me? I mean, I'm literally using the excuse 'My dog ate my homework.'"

The girl on the other end laughed. "Are you almost here? I've been waiting by the gate."

You shifted your bag on your shoulder and took the last bite of the Poptart. "I'm rounding the corner right now. Actually, I think I see you!" You watched the girl turn the way you were coming and wave.

The two of you walked to class, making small talk about weekend activities and your plans for the coming week. Other topics like class drama passed your lips but time still seemed the past pretty fast while walking across the campus to homeroom.

Taking your seat while finishing whatever thought you two were gossiping about, your friend takes her seat behind you and you turn so your chest is against the chair and you're facing each other.

Her eyes drift and settle on something behind you, and curious, you turn around to be met with a boy in your class named Yuki standing by the end of your desk. When you catch his eye he smiles and reveals the item he was holding.

"Is this my math book?" He nods and looks a little embarrassed, his cheeks tinted pink. "How did you get this? A dog ran off with it."

Yuki rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm incredibly sorry about that, that was my dog." His eyes tore away from your own and he glanced down to the left. "I guess he saw the book and recognized it because it looks identical to mine."

You hummed in contentment to his answer, your worries about finding a new book depleting.

"I'm sorry you didn't have it to study with, is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" His eyes shine with concern and you could sense his sincerity.

Brushing it off you furrowed your eyebrows and shook your head. "Oh no it's totally fine, he was very cute!"

An unreadable expression crossed Yuki's face but quickly changed into that of contentment.

"I promise, it wasn't too much trouble, Chiyoko sent me a picture of hers."

For a sense of encouragement, you look back to the friend you had just mentioned to find her turned and taking to another classmate.

Looking back to Yuki you smiled, shifting in your seat after running out of things to say. Yuki just smiled back and placed the book down on your desk.

"Thank you for returning it!" You looked down to it, opening to the page today's test would be on to skim the work you had done yesterday since you had done it when your brain was actually working and not late in the night.

"No problem, I'll try to keep him from doing it again." Yuki walked away from your desk and a piece of paper landed on your open book from over your shoulder. The bell rang as you picked it up to read a message from Chiyoko.

Why did Yuki have your book and why were you two talking? Is something going on? I didn't know you guys were friends

You turned as the teacher began talking and mouthed, "I'll tell you later."

She looked slightly disappointed but nodded and bent down to grab a pencil out of her bag, giving you the ability to turn back around and focus your attention back onto the class.

𝚠𝚌 𝟷𝟶𝟷𝟸 𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍

𝘪𝘮 𝘴𝘰 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘴𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵, 𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘱 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘪 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦