| 05 |

Warnings: Mentions of injury?? (I'm not really sure if that is a warning thing but I'll put it just in case).

Background Information On You: It's the summer after fifth year, so you are 16 years old and you are a Gryffindor. You are best friends with the Marauders.

Word Count: 1276

Reader's Pov

The sound of tapping on your window jolted you out of your daydream. You were laying on your bed, staring up at the ceiling, feeling bored out of your mind. Even though it was the summer holidays, you never really thought about how dull it would be when you weren't with your friends.

You eagerly got up from your bed and opened the window, allowing the owl to swoop in. You recognized it as James'.

You took the letter and opened it, wondering what James had written to you.

Hey (Y/N),

Just wanted to let you know that Sirius left his house. For good. He's ganna be staying with me now.

Thought I should let you know.

James

You stared at James' messy writing before your mind started working again. You quickly threw his owl a treat, not bothering to watch it fly away.

You grabbed your purse and a light jacket, rushing down the stairs and to your fireplace.

Your parents weren't home so you wrote a quick note to them, letting them know where you were headed.

You took a handful of Floo powder and stepped into your fireplace, shouting "Potter Manor!", getting engulfed in the green flames.

After seeing the usual whirlpool of colors, you stumbled into James living room. It was deserted, but not for long.

Mrs. Potter came walking in, surprise written across her face when she saw you.

"I'm so sorry for showing up unexpectedly, but I was hoping to see Sirius. And James." You said hastily.

"Oh, it's no problem, dear. They're both in James' room." she said, smiling.

"Thank you, Mrs. Potter." You said as you quickly made your way to his bedroom.

You didn't bother knocking when you got to his door and when you entered you saw Sirius sitting down on James' bed, James nowhere to be seen.

"(Y/N)?" Sirius said, slowly getting up from the bed. "What are you -- "

You cut off Sirius mid sentence by running up and hugging him. You wrapped your arms around his neck, and you heard Sirius wince from your sudden action.

"Sirius, are you okay?" You said, pulling away from him.

"Yeah, I'm fine, thanks." he grimaced. "Why are you here?"

"Hey, don't try and change the subject." You said sternly. "Something's wrong, I know it is."

"Seriously, (Y/N), I'm fine." he persisted. You narrowed your eyes at him and he signed. "Okay, listen, its not a big deal, but my mother, she..."

"She hurt you, didn't she?" You whispered. You felt that if you raised your voice any higher the boy in front of you might shatter.

Sirius slowly nodded his head, looking down at his feet. "Did you tell James?" You asked.

"No, I didn't." he said quietly.

"Okay," You said. "Hold on, I'll be right back."

You didn't wait for him to respond as you left the room, quickly making your way to the bathroom.