| 06 |

Warnings: None.

Background Information On You: You are a fifth year Hufflepuff and are friends with the Marauders. You are dating James.

Word Count: 872

Reader's Pov

Even though the Christmas holidays were about start, you were working harder than ever to get good marks.

You had always been like this, always trying your hardest to get the best grade possible, so it was weird to everyone else that you were friends with the Marauders.

They were the complete opposite of you.

To be honest, you probably would almost never take a break from studying if the Marauders weren't there to drag you away.

But, this one particular day, you did not want to take a break.

Exams were coming up soon, and you were determined to get at least an Exceeds Expectation on all of them. You had been studying everyday, and the Marauders had tried countless times to get you to take a break, but you were not going to give in.

"Come on, (Y/N)! You have been studying for so long, you need to take a break." James whined as you flipped through your potions textbook. You were currently seated at one of the desks in the library.

"No, James, I have to study. I need to make sure I pass my exams." You retorted, not bothering to look up from your book.

You heard James sign, then take a seat on the chair next to you. He reached his hand out and shut your textbook closed.

You looked up at him with tired eyes. "James..."

"No. I will not let you study anymore." he said seriously. "Listen, (Y/N), you're brilliant. And really smart. There is no way you can fail any of these exams. Everything will be okay, alright?"

You stared at him. It was nice of him to say something like that to you, and he was probably right. You did need a break. "Okay."

James' face broke out into a grin as he stood up from his chair. He held out his hand and you took it, standing up as well.

"What're we ganna do?" You asked.

"We are going to go outside and have a snowball fight!" he exclaimed, not waiting for your reply as he dragged out to the courtyard.

Once you got outside, James had already crouched down and started to gather up snow to make snowballs.

"James, I'm not having a snowball fight." You said with your arms cross over your chest. "It's cold, and you didn't even give me time to get my coat!"

"Here," he said, standing upright and taking off his coat, "you can have mine." He walked over and handed it to you. "See, problem solved."

You signed as you took his jacket, putting it on.

"Now, come on!"

James ran over to where he had made a few snowballs and picked up one of them. A smirk grew on his face as he quickly threw one at you. It hit you in the stomach.

"Oh, it's on!" You shouted, gathering up snowballs.

You and James ended up staying outside for an hour, and you had to admit, it was probably the most fun you had in a while.

You were now back in the Gryffindor common room with him. He had let you in, despite being a Hufflepuff.

"I can't believe you threw one right at my face!" You complained, taking a seat on the floor in front of the fireplace. You put your hands out in front of the fire, trying to warm yourself up.

"I guess I just have good aim." James joked, taking a seat next to you.

You turned to face him. "Thank you for convincing me to take a break. I really needed this."

"Of course." he said, turning to face you as well. "You deserved it after all the hard work you did."

You smiled. "I'm still mad at you for hitting a snowball at my face, though. Now my face is all cold." You pouted.

"You'll be alright. I can warm it up for you." James took his hands and cupped them around your cheeks.

Your eyes darted down to his hands as you felt your face heat up. "Uh, yeah, I think I'm fine now." You mumbled.

"Really? 'Cause I don't think your face is warm enough just yet." James said. He started leaning into you, and then he kissed you softly on the lips. It was short but sweet. "There, I think that's better."

You blinked. "That was so cheesy."

"But you loved it anyway, right?" he said, taking his hands off of your face.

"I did, unfortunately." You said, a fake glum expression on your face. James pouted his lips and you laughed.

You leaned in and kissed him on the cheek.

"Never change, James Potter. Never change."

...

a/n: Thank you so much for 6k reads! I'm so grateful.

Sorry again for the slow updates, I've been a bit busy with final exams. But, I just finished school, so I should hopefully be able to update more often.

Also please comment any story ideas you have that you would like me to write, if you have any. I could use the inspiration lol.

<3