Chapter 53: No Time for Apologies

"Are you packed?" was the first thing Katara said to him when she opened the door.

"What?" Sokka asked and gave his sister a confused look as he walked inside the house they used to share.

"We're leaving for the Fire Nation in an hour," Aang said and popped out from the hallway carrying two small suitcases.

"Gran gran came and told us all about what happened so we would be ready in time," Katara said as if it was nothing that their grandma had told his sister and Aang all about their conversation. "It took you six months to stop being an idiot, and I'm not about to let you waste any more time down here."

"Wait, this is all crazy and going way too fast," Sokka protested as Aang handed him a suitcase.

"We can't just show up on his doorstep and expect him to let me in after what I did," Sokka said.

Katara put her hands on her hips and gave him a look that told him to shut up and do what she told him to do.

"What if he doesn't have feelings for me anymore? I don't know if I'm ready to hear that yet," Sokka said, desperately trying to find a way for them to change their minds.

"Trust me, that won't happen," Katara said and put a few last-minute things in her suitcase, zipping it up and setting it near the front door.

"Wait, have you been talking to Zuko without me knowing about it?" Sokka asked defensively and pouted.

"Yes, and you could have been talking to him if you weren't being such an idiot," Katara said and pushed him out the door with his suitcase.

Sokka sighed and walked back to his house. The decision had been made for him, and while he was terrified to see Zuko again, he knew his family was doing what he was too scared to do on his own.