26; soojin

tw // falling, blood, major injuries, torture

soojin was not fine.

she slammed her eyes shut as she tumbled down the chasm, her heart racing wildly as she tried to spread her wings and stop her fall. but for once, her wings remained glued to her back, unable to open.

this is just a dream, soojin. you can wake up, just open your eyes-

she forced her eyes back open, but her surroundings didn't change. whatever this was, it was not a dream.

but how could it be?

she was asleep and dreaming next to soyeon and minnie mere minutes ago, wasn't she? wasn't this a part of the dream in the forest with the tree and the girl and the apple-

soojin shook her head. that's impossible!

but here she was, falling down a crevasse that shouldn't exist. there was nothing to see, being surrounded on all four sides with walls of dirt and stone that lay just out of her arms' reach as if the ground had split in half to let her fall through (which it had). the wind whistled in her ears, rendering her deaf to any sound around her.

will this nightmare ever end? soojin wondered frantically. who's doing this to me- the girl!

a voice spoke in soojin's ear again, the same one she'd heard before. you're right, but i have a name, you know.

"cut it out!" soojin yelled into the wind. "make my wings work again and stop me from falling!"

her voice took on the hint of a smile. your wish is my command.

the weight weighing her down disappeared, and soojin immediately spread her wings to try and stop her fall. they scraped the sides of the narrow chasm and drew blood, causing the demon to immediately wince in pain.

don't you like this? it's what you wished for, after all.

soojin folds her wings and plummets downwards. there seemed to be light at the bottom of the crevasse, and she squinted at the brightness, her eyes adjusting to the light.

she quickly realised that the ground was approaching her too quickly, and tried her best to slow her fall with her injured wings but failed, landing on the dry, barren ground with a painful crack as the sound of her bones snapping echoed the area.

༻ ༒ ༺

oh dear, you've really messed up this time, haven't you?

soojin wearily lifts up her head, her body shaking with effort. although her words weren't spoken out loud, soojin could sense that she was standing right in front of her. "sh-shut up."

the girl's face contorted into a sneer. pathetic, she spits. so this is Hell's best? i knew she was weak, but i seem to have overestimated her.

"wh-who are y-you?" and who is 'her'?

so many questions, she took her time walking around soojin's injured state. so little time. oh wait, i almost forgot that we have all the time in the world now seeing as this dimension technically doesn't exist! it's just you and me, seo soojin.

༻ ༒ ༺

i can fly out of here, soojin thought. if my wings aren't too injured, i can escape-

you think very loudly, she suddenly appeared by soojin's side, bent down to be eye-level with the demon. but if you want to fly, you shall fly.