Chapter 2: Plans

Chapter 2: Plans

At Bronte's castle, Sophie found the rest of her friends as well -- Dex, Biana, Fitz, Tam, Linh, Wylie, and Marella -- standing inside along with the Collective and the Councillors. Bronte and some of the other councillors were looking very irritated. Fitz was also looking slightly irritated as he eyed Sophie's hand which was still entwined with Keefe's from their light leap. But Sophie barely noticed that because of Bronte's death glares.

"So, I see you were too busy to pick up all of our hails today, Miss Foster," said a scowling Bronte.

"Sorry, I was too exhausted with all the work I had and I fell asleep. And then I was so tired that I slept too long. And then I missed everyone's hails and I'm so sor-"

"It's okay. Don't worry about it, Sophie," said Oralie calmly. Sophie and Oralie had gotten over their fight about (*****SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! MAJOR SPOILER ALERT FROM LEGACY! DO NOT READ THE REST OF THE PARAGRAPH IF YOU HAVE NOT READ LEGACY YET! THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING! IF YOU READ THIS AND FIND OUT SOMETHING CRAZY, DO NOT BLAME ME BECAUSE I WARNED YOU! AGAIN, IF YOU DIDN'T READ LEGACY, DO NOT READ THE REST OF THE PARAGRAPH!!!!!!!!!!*****) Oralie being her biological mother. They were much closer now, and they did some mother-daughter activities occasionally. She could never replace Edaline or her human mom, but they were still very close.

Sophie smiled briefly before turning to Bronte and saying, "I apologize for my inactiveness for the last few hours, and I would like to do everything in my power to make it up." Bronte didn't say anything, but he did turn away and huff. So, Sophie took that as an "Apology accepted".

"Well, I will assume that Mr. Sencen has informed you of the overview of this assignment?" said Councillor Emery, pausing briefly to see Sophie nod and continued. "And you don't have any questions?" Sophie shook her head, no. "Okay then. Just to be clear, the groups are: Sophie and Keefe, Tam and Biana, Linh and Wylie, and Dex, Marella, and Fitz," states Emery.

"I still don't understand why me and Sophie aren't in the same group. We are Cognates, after all," said Fitz.

"Well, I don't think we will need to use out Telepathy very much since we are supposed to fit in with the rest of the school, and we really can't act super elfy, sooo..." said Sophie. She had no idea why she was against the idea of going with Fitz, but she did want to go with Keefe more than Fitz. It's because you like Keefe, Sophie. Why can't you understand that? Said a voice inside her head. But she shot the idea down. Not completely, but for now, so she wouldn't think about that when she had more important stuff to do then.

"Yes. Miss Foster is correct," said Mr. Forkle. "You will have to fit in, and you can't really do that when -- and I quote Keefe on this -- 'staring into each other's eyes.'"

"But I don't understand why I can't be with my sister. I will not let her go with him," Tam stated, pointing at Wylie.

Linh sighed. "Tammy, I know you're worried about me, and that's completely normal. But, I am 29 years old, so I think I can fend for myself." Tam groaned and glared at Linh. Linh just stared right back at him and crossed her arms. He sighed in defeat knowing he would never be able to convince Linh otherwise.

"Plus, you'll be with me!" reminded Biana, smirking slightly. And Tam lightened at that. He also blushed a little. Everyone knew they liked each other, but they never confessed even in all of these years. Maybe spending more time would change that.

"Okay, so now that that is settled, does anyone have any doubts?" asked Emery.

"Actually, yes. Where are we each going?" asked Sophie, dreading that she might have to go back to her horrid high school that she joyfully left when she was 12 to go to the Lost Cities.

"Right," said Mr. Forkle. "Sophie and Keefe will be going to San Diego -- and before you ask, no, it isn't the same school you went to, so nobody should recognize you -- Tam and Biana will be going to Los Angeles, Linh and Wylie will be in Jersey City (A/N: I had to include New Jersey cuz I live there. NEW JERSEY REPRESENT!!!), Dex, Marella, and Fitz will be in Orlando. We will be doing the U.S.A. first, as it is one of the biggest and most well-known countries. So you will need to do this several times, but of course, you would be able to pass off as 17-18 years olds every time."

"UGH! Do we have to do this in every country? We'll be like Bronte by then! No offense," Sophie added when she saw Bronte's glare.

"It won't just be you of course. Several other Black Swan members, Nobility, and the general public have volunteered to do this as well. But your group will repeat this a few times as well, being role models to many elves. And although unfortunately, it will all take time, all good things take time and patience" replied Mr. Forkle.

Sophie sighed and nodded. "So when are we going to leave?"

"As a matter of fact, you will be leaving right now. All the supplies you will need have been packed for you already and are ready to go. Your housing is also ready, and each of your groups will be living in the same condo. We have agreed that it is best not to visit your families, as it may interrupt your ability to effectively work. We were just waiting for you, Miss Foster, to come with Mr. Sencen, and to clarify any other doubts," Emery said calmly as if he didn't just tell everyone they were going to have to leave home and go to school in the Forbidden Cities where they wouldn't be able to see their families for the rest of the school year. The rest of the Council, as well as the Collective, nodded in agreement.

"Right now!" exclaimed Sophie.

"Yes, Miss Foster. Is there an issue with that?" asked Bronte, looking mildly amused at Sophie's surprised face.

"Well, I guess not," said Sophie, sighing in exasperation.

So with that, Sophie and the rest of her friends were handed leaping crystals for their houses in the Forbidden Cities...

A/N - Hello y'all! That was 1,000 words again! I am proud of myself right now, 'cause this story is coming out pretty okay. Also, sorry there isn't a lot of Sokeefe fluff in this chapter. I am working on more chapters, but I have, like, 10 tests this month in just one subject, so I'm not sure how often I will update.

And feel free to comment and vote! I will use any constructive criticism y'all give me!

Anyways, I think I might update again on Thursday! Cya then!! 🥰💖