Chapter 3: Stairs

(A/N - HOLY SHIT! 43 EFFING READS! AAAAAAHHHHHH, I'M SOOOO HAPPYYYYY! Yes, I know, I'm weird... On with the story!)

Chapter 3: Stairs

"So...This is it, I guess," said Sophie, as they appeared in front of a luxury condo complex. It was called "Evergreens". It seemed pretty huge from the outside, but nothing compared to Elvin houses. "This is going to be where we live for a while."

"Yeah, it is," siad Keefe, who was still staring at the house, capturing it as clearly as a picture because of his photographic memory. He seemed like he would draw that scene later.

"We should probably go inside. If we stay out here, staring at the building, people will probably call the cops or something," said Sophie. They weren't super unusual. Sophie was wearing an oversized sweatshirt and some bell bottom jeans, with her hair up in a messy bun. Keefe was wearing a Batman sweatshirt and jeans, with his usual styled hair. But staring at a building for several minutes straight was suspicious.

"Cops?" asked Keefe, looking puzzled.

"Yeah, human thing. Speaking of, how are we going to teach you all the stuff about humans?" asked Sophie. That would be a problem. Maybe Sophie could teach him the basics. Or the Council or Black Swan must have given a manual. A manual Keefe would try to avoid, but a manual nonetheless.

"Probably a manual or something. And there is no way I am reading it," said Keefe, as if reading her thoughts. "Hey, maybe you could teach me instead of me reading it!"

"It is Saturday, so we don't have to do anything... I guess I could teach you some stuff," concluded Sophie. "Okay, we seriously have to go inside now."

"Alrighty," he said, picking up Sophie and hauling her over his shoulders. Sophie was so surprised by the action, she took a second to realize what he was doing and react.

"AAAAAAHHHHH!" screamed Sophie. "Put me down!"

"Nope! No thanks!" said Keefe.

"PUT. ME. DOWN. PUT ME DOWN RIGHT THIS FUCKING SECOND KEEFE SENCEN!" ordered Sophie. But of course, Keefe being Keefe, he just kept going as if he didn't hear her screams and orders. But when they got to the stairs, Keefe put her down. "Finally!" But, Sophie being Sophie, she tripped and almost face planted into the floor, but Keefe's strong arms pulled her up.

She stumbled into Keefe's arms, and they stayed that way. Just looking into each other's eyes. Sophie's heart went hummingbird mode. It was so loud and fast, she was sure Keefe could hear it. His eyes, they're so beautiful. I think I found my new favorite color. Ice blue. Oh, he looks am-

She was broken from her trance by Keefe picking her up bridal style and carrying her up the stairs. "Well, can't have the Mysterious Miss F breaking any bones on her first day of an assignment."

"UGGHHHH!" Sophie groaned. But she knew she would probably end up in the hospital if she tried to climb the rest of the stairs. She wrapped her arms around his neck in defeat and sighed.

Keefe laughed and said, "Oh, Foster. You know, you're adorable when you're frustrated!" Sophie groaned again.

They walked (or Keefe walked and Sophie held onto Keefe) the rest of the way. Which was a pretty long walk since their condo was on the fifth floor. (A/N - Before y'all say anything about elevators, just keep reading.)

The two of them laughed all the way there, and with Sophie's Telepathy, she could hear the thoughts of people calling them crazy as they looked through their peepholes. (A/N - I don't really know how condos work, so I'm probably getting a bunch of shit wrong, but oh well...) When they finally got to their house, their whole bodies were hurting from the amount of laughing. It was probably also carrying Sophie up 5 floors in a row for Keefe. Then Keefe put her down so she could unlock the door, and as she did she saw...

A woman coming out of an elevator. An elevator. "Shit! I forgot about elevators. We could have just gone in an elevator up those 5 floors instead of you carrying me up 5 flights of stairs!" Sophie exclaimed.

"An elevator?" asked Keefe. "Human thing, isn't it? Anyways, I didn't mind carrying you up here. You are pretty light-weight." Sophie blushed slightly. "Also, I could practically feel those butterflies flying around in your stomach." And at that Sophie turned scarlet, and Keefe laughed so hard, he had to wipe away tears.

"Shut up!"

And with that, Sophie pulled a still laughing Keefe inside and onto the couch, where she sat down beside him. Keefe just kept laughing, and Sophie had to join in. They sat on the couch, laughing for no reason at all whatsoever.

"People are definitely thinking we've gone mad," said Sophie, when they finally calmed down. "I heard all of their thoughts."

"Yeah, but crazy is the new cool anyways, so we're just being modern and this generation," said Keefe. Sophie had to agree with that.

"Now I need to teach you human stuff, Keefe!"

A/N - That was 800-ish words. (I always round cuz I am waaaay too lazy to see the word count without the A/N.) It's shorter than normal, but I couldn't really think of anything.

Feel free to vote and comment. I will take constructive criticism and you can give suggestions, too.

Okay, cya laterrr (probably Sunday)!